schecter ftw
UG Freak
1,878 IQ
Theres a talent show at my school in 2 months. If you read my other thread, I just quit my band. So the thing is, could I play Eruption without anything backing me and it still sounding great?? And what are some other songs that I could do just solo. Thanks.
pete-c
pizza
375 IQ
Seeing as it's a talent show i'm assuming nobody would mind you going solo, imo. As Eruption is so heavily focused on the guitar i'm sure nobody would mind much.
Softserved
21 IQ
I would say that if you played Eruption, backing players or no, there is a large chance you will get at least 3rd.

I don't know many people who can do that.

So yes, solo if you must. Just make it sound good =D.
Wait a minute....if you have sex with someone else with herpes you get SuperHerpes???

....awww shit.
Jix_Jax
I is the cheese
245 IQ
Maybe if you don't hate acoustic, do that and sing. You never know what you might like. If you like my idea, I can post a few solo acoustic/one man vocal songs. Cuz, I've got lots and lots. If not, i'd go with...

Canon Rock by JerryC - SOOOO OVERDONE! But it impresses. no one can argue, especially towards a highschool crowd. On that note, anything by JerryC would probly work.

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed and Cambria - Awesomely dynamic, and if you can at least get a drummer, then you'd be ace.

The Intro to FCPREMIX by Fall of Troy - recently became popular through Guitar Hero. Can't go wrong.

Sweet Home Alabama Instrumental - They WILL sing.

Achilles' Last Stand by Led Zeppelin - It's groovey and epic. All in one

I'm not too sure, but last I checked, The Mars Volta had some cool songs you could play instrumentally.

If you have a lot of people who like hardcore, [yeah, i live in that kinda town] just play a breakdown and let them go crazy. P.S that's probably a bad idea, due to 'moshers' ... lol yeah.

Maybe throw in a sweet metal improv between songs to get them pumped. What's your skill level, by the way?

Anyhow, hope this helped. Catch ya later man.
Четвертый член в "Русскoй группe." PM Vindication to join.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG470

Peavey Bandit 112

Shooting for a PODxt

Forevermore

Kingston In Ruins
Armagedn
Roulette Bassist.
824 IQ
Eruption would be great. Cliffs of Dover wouldn't be bad either... Or anything by Eric Johnson, really.
"There is no hell. There is only France." - Frank Zappa
schecter ftw
UG Freak
1,878 IQ
Quote by Jix_Jax
Maybe if you don't hate acoustic, do that and sing. You never know what you might like. If you like my idea, I can post a few solo acoustic/one man vocal songs. Cuz, I've got lots and lots. If not, i'd go with...

Canon Rock by JerryC - SOOOO OVERDONE! But it impresses. no one can argue, especially towards a highschool crowd. On that note, anything by JerryC would probly work.

In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed and Cambria - Awesomely dynamic, and if you can at least get a drummer, then you'd be ace.

The Intro to FCPREMIX by Fall of Troy - recently became popular through Guitar Hero. Can't go wrong.

Sweet Home Alabama Instrumental - They WILL sing.

Achilles' Last Stand by Led Zeppelin - It's groovey and epic. All in one

I'm not too sure, but last I checked, The Mars Volta had some cool songs you could play instrumentally.

If you have a lot of people who like hardcore, [yeah, i live in that kinda town] just play a breakdown and let them go crazy. P.S that's probably a bad idea, due to 'moshers' ... lol yeah.

Maybe throw in a sweet metal improv between songs to get them pumped. What's your skill level, by the way?

Anyhow, hope this helped. Catch ya later man.

Thanks mang.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Guitarhero9901

Thats me. I've been getting into shredding so I'm a lot better since those vids.
Jix_Jax
I is the cheese
245 IQ
yo i responded to your vid. you can check some of mine out, but Mookie's Last Christmas kinda sucks :p
Четвертый член в "Русскoй группe." PM Vindication to join.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG470

Peavey Bandit 112

Shooting for a PODxt

Forevermore

Kingston In Ruins