I hear on these forums the Gibson SG Specials aren't that good? Why is that? I tried one out in GuitarCenter, and I thought it was a pretty good guitar.
There is one at my local music shop reduced from $1600 AUD to $400 AUD, they can't be that great.

Standards are the best.

Anything with special, custom or deluxe in it's name sucks.
I love white guitars!
Custom? Gibson Customs are pretty much the top of the line...At least the les paul customs are
Quote by one vision
Lmao.. custom is top of the line, exactly. And have you ever tried a faded special?

Yeah, I tried one, and it was all right. Do you think the new Schecter Blackjack ATX (hardtail) with Seymour Duncan Blackouts would be better? I'm a heavy metal player.
Quote by neon10th
Yeah, I tried one, and it was all right. Do you think the new Schecter Blackjack ATX (hardtail) with Seymour Duncan Blackouts would be better? I'm a heavy metal player.

Yes
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
And in case you don't dig the Blackouts you can always find a Blackjack with passive Duncans.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The faded specials, can be tricky because of the poor quality control, but mine was good, until I switched out the p-ups to SD-59's, and now it is great.
I've never tried a FADED Special, but I tried out the newer Gibson SG Special, expecting it to be better than my '74 Special, and it was one of the worst guitars I've ever played. No lie. Felt just like an Epiphone SG Special. I couldn't imagine the Faded versions are any better.