put any good stories about what happened at your first gig here

heres mine:

we were playing a parianod by blackk sabbeth and 1 guitarist was a note behind one the solo so it had a echo but it turned out really cool and the 3rd guitarist after the gig went up to me and a the other guitrist and just looked at us like wtf?
my guitar teacher came up to me and was like nice and i have always had probblems with gigging but this one turned out to be really good
Quote by jakewynnrocks
marshall has half stacks for only 600, but i dont know if theyre any good. seems like a good deal....
All Sabbath solo's sound like they're 1 note behind because Iommi things playing two solos at once is cool.

The fucker doesn't even use delay
Quote by Leadhead3225
put any good stories about what happened at your first gig here

heres mine:

we were playing a parianod by blackk sabbeth and 1 guitarist was a note behind one the solo so it had a echo but it turned out really cool and the 3rd guitarist after the gig went up to me and a the other guitrist and just looked at us like wtf?
my guitar teacher came up to me and was like nice and i have always had probblems with gigging but this one turned out to be really good

I thought you said this was your first gig?

And who are Blackk Sabbeth?
I was playing Through The Fire And Flames, and I tilted my guitar up, and I suddenly started doing backflips while my guitar was on fire, and I hit every not in the song.
Well my guitar playing wasn't that great, but my spelling certainly was.

Talent show, last day of school. Couldn't hear the singer, who was also the drummer. Playing "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters. I started too fast, then got back into tempo about 3 seconds in. Drummer starts off with the hi-hat too fast. We all screwed up at one point or another. From my lack of experience, i was staring down at the guitar the whole time, standing in the same place.

Hurray for bad first experiences; you learn from them.
our first gig was at a venue that is now shut down. i brought my music stand up on stage, because i didnt rememberize our songs, and that was lame. buttttttttt we got payed 75$ for playing.

on the way home, our vehicle's tire came completely out of the axle.
my first gig i rode my bike for 2 hours to get to practice the day before, and was the only one to show up. then, the next day at the show, our other guitarists distortion pedal broke, and it just all went down hill from there

we got drunk after wards though!
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
6th grade talent show
I only played guitar for like 4 months at the time and the song was a D-A-C-G progression. Just a ****ty 5 year old-sized drumset, my first act guitar through a cheap fender amp (wasn't even mine XD) and my friend on keyboard (his bro wrote the 'song' for me). I have the .mp3 still XD
Sadly thats the only gig I've ever done D:
Hopefully I'll do another talent show this year (I'm in 9th now)
My first gig with my old band was a disaster. We were playing in a small club in front of about 15-20 people. We were opening for another local band. We only had our two originals and zero, count them, zero covers. We sloppily played our way through our two songs, got some sympathy claps from the crowd, and then we headed home.

We disbanded later that week.
Well, if you can count it as a gig, my first was at a school talent show about three weeks ago. I was playing a solo version of Tonight, Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins. And... well... it went perfectly. The guitar was flawless, and my voice was a bit off, but i managed, and it was the best i've ever played. And the crowd i played too (about 200+) loved it. All in all, id say i did fairly well for a first timer.

Right?
My reflection
Dirty mirror
There's no connection
To myself
I'm your lover
I'm your zero
Im the face in your dreams of glass
My first gig. Oh boy. Got up on stage, the rest of the band started playing. And I completely forgot what I was supposed to do.

I improvised some shit, and after a minute or two got back on my feet and the rest of the show went okay. But still, that was terrible.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Wow... Talent show at school. Was playing bass (Flame Sheild (It was a logn tiem ago ) and someoen tuned my guitar and tuned it so wrong. T'was very emabrrising...

We did Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends...

My first gig was at a church talent show.

I was 13.
My bassist failed to tell me that it was a mexican church, so that made it worse.
We were a 3 piece band and we only had one original song.
So basically the drummer rushed us, and we ended up playing about a minute.
It was horrible.

And my guitar was a piece of ****, so halfway through it shorted out.

my first gig was at Nottingham Rock City... which is the biggest rock venue in Notts. haha I was vocals for a detahcore band (filling in for an absentee). It was alright.

Interesting?
I've been here since '04.

I played at a Talent Show at the end of a summer college prep program.....I had the Squier Affinity Stratocaster starter pack with the little 15w amp and all that jazz.....The drummer had torn three tendons around his right knee about three weeks before, so he looked like he was taking a crap the whole time what with the straining and what not, and I had somehow forgot to turn my amp on and couldn't understand why I couldn't hear myself....Someone in the front row ran up and turned my amp on, and my highs were all the way down and my lows were on ten and it sounded horrible.....And it was a song we wrote about pancakes, inspired by a Dave the Barbarian cartoon we saw on the Disney channel....haha....It was a blast....The next year went a little better....Master of Puppets....only one minor mistake....No singer.....
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
my first gig was a cover of "Search bar" by the Noobs.

Just kidding I don't care.

My first gig was an open mike at my old school.

We played "Taken care of business" by BTO. It went down fairly well considering it was also our first band practice.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Talent shows aren't gigs... Gigs are where you get paid to play. We haven't got a 'gig' yet, we haven't even gone into battle of the bands. But I've performed at school loads of times.
Quote by BGSM
Talent shows aren't gigs... Gigs are where you get paid to play. We haven't got a 'gig' yet, we haven't even gone into battle of the bands. But I've performed at school loads of times.

Dang....Then my last post is totally irrelevant.
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
At out first gig, we were all pretty much drunk off our asses. I was, at the time (the band has been modified since this) the only guitarist, and all of the background vocals. Our singer fell down halfway through one of the songs and couldn't get back up to save his life, so the bassist and I had to sing the rest of it while trying to get him back up. Besides that little mishap, it was a good show.
my first one...

a preetty much improvised gig, a dude at school told us:

"we have 2 bands that are going to play here at school, wanna be the openers?"

so we said, sure...

the other day, turns out, one of the bands, was not going to play, the other one had some issues and left the place... so we were on our own...

we had to plug everything by ourselves, get a mic stand. get somewhere to plug the mic one.... get some crowd

the gig started 2 hours late, and we sounded... well, decent... an awesome day of my life
Even if you play badly, as long as you go atleast alright, it will be ONE OF THE BEST DAYS OF YOUR LIFE.
Quote by BGSM

you don't always get paid for gigs, especially if you are starting out.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Talent Shows dont count as gig's, but thats was my first "concert" i guess.

Well it went from bad....to worse.
the other guitarist was in charge of signaling some dude to play the backing track when i wasn't even ready. First of all, convienently; my strap locks fell off, guitar fell into the crowd. When i got it again, the vocalist stepped on my amp cord; thus no amp sound. and then when i plugged the amp back in, my amp; again convienently, my amp blew out.