I'm using 10's in drop D but I want to drop it down half a step to drop C# because the tension feel alot better to me. Will I need to do an adjustment with the truss rod? Or since its such a minor difference will it matter...
It will almost surely make no difference, except that you may notice more fret buzz due to the lack of tension.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Drop D tuning isn't the same as C# at all. In drop D, you are only lowering the 6th string to the D note, not the entire set as you are with C#. So yes, your neck will have less tension on it from the strings, and may want to pull straighter thanks to the almighty truss rod. This will equal out to less neck relief, which in turn could give you more fret buzz.
Do the change to the tuning first and see how the guitar responds. You won't need to adjust anything if you don't plan on keeping the guitar in that tuning, but if you want to leave it there, you might need to relieve some of the truss rod's tension on the neck so that the strings pull can keep the relief the same.
BTW, the notes for C# are from lowest string to highest: C#, F#, B, E, G#, C#, while the notes for drop D are: DADGBe
Quote by LeftyDave
Drop D tuning isn't the same as C# at all. In drop D, you are only lowering the 6th string to the D note, not the entire set as you are with C#. So yes, your neck will have less tension on it from the strings, and may want to pull straighter thanks to the almighty truss rod. This will equal out to less neck relief, which in turn could give you more fret buzz.
Do the change to the tuning first and see how the guitar responds. You won't need to adjust anything if you don't plan on keeping the guitar in that tuning, but if you want to leave it there, you might need to relieve some of the truss rod's tension on the neck so that the strings pull can keep the relief the same.
BTW, the notes for C# are from lowest string to highest: C#, F#, B, E, G#, C#, while the notes for drop D are: DADGBe

???? He said drop C#.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Quote by Andy Jarvis
???? He said drop C#.

What he said about what the other guy said.
I Like Cake
So he did. My bad. Musta not had enough coffee yet when I read that. lol