so i just got paid and im looking into buying something to record my music on that has pretty good quality and is nicely priced

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lexicon-Lambda-USB-Audio-Interface?sku=245506

i was checking this out and was wondering

will u need a soundcard to record if u have this?
if so whats a good soundcard?

could i hook up a guitar and electric drums and mic to this at the same time and record together?

im new to this and i dont know much so any help would be gladly appriaciated
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Recording & Riffs thread...

On topic, that seems pretty good.
The unit acts as an external soundcard, so it bypasses your stock one.
You can hook up each of those, but I do not know if this particular interface supports simultaneous recording...
It comes with Cubase LE, so you're good with software, unless you want something easier/harder to use.

Pretty good for some home recordings.
im still learning about this stuff myself, but what you're buying is an audio interface, which means it will act as your soundcard, so you dont have to worry about that. if it has instrument inputs then yes you can hook up a guitar or bass and record directly into your computer without any mics
sweet sounds like a awesome buy im just really curious about the multi intrusment recording and if its possable and also im in a 3 man band (bass, drums, guitar) would this be a even better buy for us?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lexicon-Alpha-USB-Audio-Interface?sku=245507
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Well i have no experience with the lexicon but i do own a line 6 toneport and the multitude of options that come with the gearbox software.. Where youd be lacking is the recording software but audacity and reaper are both free and good programs.