Hey, I am about to buy a Rhoads guitar and it says that the bridge pickup is trembucker spaced. Supposedly, the pickups on the model I want are not good enough. I want to replace them with Seymour Duncan sh-6 distortion pickups, which I think are regular humbucker spaced. Will they fit in the trembucker space?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Yes, but the high e might be completely outside of the non-F-Spaced humbucker. I believe trembucker is just F-Spaced in another term.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
so the humbucker will fit, just the high E wont be picked up?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Not exactly, the high e will be picked up, what I meant was it will be outside of the regular e pole, not the whole humbucker. The signal from high e might be weak though.

thats not acceptable. if im paying for a half way decent guitar, it better work perfect.

damn it
Quote by MakinLattes
Sorry about this. Regular spaced (Gibson spaced) pickups will work but you want to be sure and use F-Spaced when dealing with Fenders and Floyd Rose guitars.

Quote by MakinLattes
Last edited by itchy guitar at Mar 14, 2008,
Um hum. So F-Spaced. You could be an overachiever and measure the pole pieces of each pickup and see if high E will stay in a good distance of its corresponding pole!

This will work fine. I'd recommend DiMarzios though, but that's me.

alright thanks alot.
Quote by MakinLattes
No prob.