Page 1 of 2
i need a metal song for a bluesy hard rock girl. I want to introduce her to the genre, but not scare the **** out of here so she doesnt listen anymore. Any suggestions?
I cum blood is definitely not scary
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Start with some softer Opeth.

Hours of Wealth
Windowpane
Death Whispered a Lullaby

Then go to harder Opeth.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Maiden and Metallica.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Go with some Maiden.

Brave New World is a pretty good album to start with.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by WillPlayForFood
I cum blood.

That was fast.

I suggest Power Metal. Black Diamond by Stratovarius or some Sonata Artica preferably.
I used to not be able to stand metal, i was always into bluesy hard rock,

Until I heard Iron Maiden. I fell in love with the gallop guitar.

Start her off on some not to heavy but very epic stuff.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
As she is allready into hardrock/blues I would suggest black sabbath and electric wizard to be good starters.
Try some Megadeth. I'd suggest Rust In Peace... Polaris, Hangar 18, Return to Hangar, or Sweating Bullets.

And Iron Maiden. Always Iron Maiden.
Why the hell is it that every thread like this "I Cum Blood" is mentioned within the first few posts?

+1 for Maiden/power metal
Quote by Liberation
Go with some Maiden.

Brave New World is a pretty good album to start with.

Listen to this man. He has Ellen Page in his avatar, that AUTOMATICALLY means .. LISTEN.
Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them
Volleyed and thundered;

.. THE TROOPER!!
Please, for the sake of humanity, do not convert her to metal.....We're running short on bluesy people and we really don't need more metalheads.
lol funny how i was gonna add in the first post no i cum blood. apparently i kno u guys well.

well she 'listens' to some maiden (blood brothers). I think brave new world is a good choice. I am not to sure about hangar 18, but w/e. black sabbath? maybe crazy train?
Quote by Iron Maíden
Listen to this man. He has Ellen Page in his avatar, that AUTOMATICALLY means .. LISTEN.

Yes, listen to him. Even though he thinks Megadeth is garbage

However, he made a very good suggestion. Brave New World is perfect for TS's purposes.
All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me)

B4MV FTW!
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Megadeth and Metallica.

Their genre should be "Gateway Metal".

Quote by Mike!
Please, for the sake of humanity, do not convert her to metal.....We're running short on bluesy people and we really don't need more metalheads.

Blues is old and tired. Get used to it.
Last edited by Vermintide at Mar 14, 2008,
Metallica,Avenged Sevenfold, and that new Atreyu album. It's pretty accessible stuff. From there, I would go for Maiden, Dragonforce and Sonata Arctica, than maybe try for some harder stuff like
Quote by exect4500
beautiful tragedy by in this moment

fuck you,
go with metallica or maiden
Quote by RPGoof
I feel dirty just reading that word. Grindcore... EW... I need a shower

Quote by stratkat
music is my meth equivalent
Start with old metal and new wave british, then move on to harder stuff.

People who think death metal is a good start must have some kind of brain malfunction.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Start with some softer Opeth.

Hours of Wealth
Windowpane
Death Whispered a Lullaby

Then go to harder Opeth.

Well said.
Quote by Jminnich500
yea last week me and my freind kyle were in the bathroom at school and this kid was takin a **** so we decided to make a piss arch over the stall and onto his face...it was priceless
Quote by Mike!

i am a blues cat myself, but i like metal as well. she wont stop listening to blues because of metal, trust me.
Quote by 1The_Trooper1
Yes, listen to him. Even though he thinks Megadeth is garbage

However, he made a very good suggestion. Brave New World is perfect for TS's purposes.

It's perfect for all purpose. One of my favorite albums ever I'm actually listening to it right now. One of the most underrated songs on the album: The Fallen Angel

As a matter of fact, TS, get her to listen to The Fallen Angel. The chorus is awesome.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by shred745
Why the hell is it that every thread like this "I Cum Blood" is mentioned within the first few posts?

Cause it's the only br00tal song non-metal heads on UG know.

Here's a song for the ladies:

Testicular manslaughter - Cattle decapitation

But serious, use some heavy metal, or power, or melodic death metal.

Such as:

Black Sabbath
Iron maiden
Children of bodom
Dragonforce

You know, the popular ones.
Quote by RidicuLousbass
fuck you,
go with metallica or maiden

chill out dude i just suggested it because girls can get into it easier than maiden. I love maiden and metallica btw
Quote by Shadow_Hawk
i am a blues cat myself, but i like metal as well. she wont stop listening to blues because of metal, trust me.

Oh, I love metal too, it's just that practically lost a whole blues group to metal, because it was what the other bands were playing.......Ughh, I loved metal, but metal has never loved me back.......
Try Down.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Deicide
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Quote by Shadow_Hawk
black sabbath?

hmm black sabbath...

this is a genuine question so dont flame me discuss it rationally.

Right a lot of people seem to like BS... and yes, they did a lot for the genre of metal and paved the way for all the bands out now, but whilst I am greatful to them for this - it doesnt meant I enjoy listening to their music. :/

Im also pretty sure that if they came out now you would all take the piss out of them and think they were terrible. I mean say the original recording of "Iron Man" was posted in the Original Recordings Forum on UG... wouldnt you think it was the some of the worst songwriting youve ever heard?

Im also pretty certain there'd be a lot of "get a new vocalist lol" replies!
I've been here since '04.

Always start with classic Metallica, Enter Sandman, One, Master.

I did that with my girlfriend. Then went into BLS then Pantera and thats as far as we got.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by NFFC_1865
hmm black sabbath...

this is a genuine question so dont flame me discuss it rationally.

Right a lot of people seem to like BS... and yes, they did a lot for the genre of metal and paved the way for all the bands out now, but whilst I am greatful to them for this - it doesnt meant I enjoy listening to their music. :/

Im also pretty sure that if they came out now you would all take the piss out of them and think they were terrible. I mean say the original recording of "Iron Man" was posted in the Original Recordings Forum on UG... wouldnt you think it was the some of the worst songwriting youve ever heard?

Im also pretty certain there'd be a lot of "get a new vocalist lol" replies!

Well, nobody said you had to like Black Sabbath. So you don't like them, who the hell should judge you? It's your own damn tastes.

I like Iron Man, so no I wouldn't think it was terrible.

Yeah, they'd probably get a lot of "get a new vocalist lol" seeing as how they are in their 50s-60s, haha.
Page 1 of 2