I've got a Randall RH150G3...that's the valvestate one. I've had it for about a year now, and all has been great until now. Whenever I turn it on, it sounds as if the volume is up...but there's no....beef[?]. Tough to explain...you know when you have the channel volume up and the master volume down? That kinda sound, except my master volume is up. Just today it made a jump back to normal, but it didn't last long. Any help on what could be wrong would be greatly appreciated..thanks!
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
So what, no volume from your preamp? Sounds like the preamp tube died. Try replacing it.
Quote by CJRocker
So what, no volume from your preamp? Sounds like the preamp tube died. Try replacing it.

^^what this guy said, but add that after your down replacing it, TRY TO REMEMBER.....

turn the volume down
Alright, I'll give that a shot, thanks guys!

Quote by Homer Simpson
i'm hoping this story has a happy ending

i like when sad amp stories end up with happy endings ...
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Just one more question..with the preamp tube, should I replace it with the exact same thing or is it ok to put in something different?

Quote by Homer Simpson
I still seem to be having a problem. I replaced the tube with the same model but nothing has changed. Any ideas on what I should try?

Quote by Homer Simpson
better off contacting randall customer service, they can either guide you on how to fix it or maybe let you know what shops have the specs to their amps so you can have it fixed.
Ah I finally got it working....it just took a really long time for the tube to get comfortable. Thanks for the help everyone.

Quote by Homer Simpson
A Happy Ending!!!! Yeaaaaa Boooiiiii!!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
^^ LOL @ slash_rocks2005

awesome that you got your amp workin, bet it scared ya when the new tube diddn`t work at 1st.... i`d cry if my Marshall stopped workin... i`m so broke i can`t afford anything right now.
Quote by flesh fries
Ah I finally got it working....it just took a really long time for the tube to get comfortable. Thanks for the help everyone.

Can't be. Tubes plug right in and work, they have no break in times. You've got a short somewhere in the amp.