Poll: Do you slide up or down at the end of the song?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you slide up or down at the end of the song?
Up
10 15%
Down
44 65%
I don't slide it.
14 21%
Voters: 68.
Okay, so you know when you're playing that rockin song and you just wanna end on that last sharp powerchord like BAM! and slide off of that note? Do you guys slide up the neck or down? Cause I used to always go down, and I've noticed that i've started going up. Just to clear stuff up, when I say up, I mean toward the bridge like the notes getting higher, and down meaning toward the headstock.
Last edited by Brain245 at Mar 15, 2008,
depends on which way your mom is pointing

edit: oh wait you mean song oh... thought you said mom
Last edited by chinkboy7 at Mar 15, 2008,
Some people think up means down and down means up when it comes to sliding.

At the end of a song I'd usually slide down (notes getting lower to the nooblets)
Depends on the song I'm playing, if said slide is an apporiate ending for beforementioned song, and the mood I'm in.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I usually either just stop, or play with my killswitch a teeny-tiny bit to fade out.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Down, though for some extra bitchin'ness, I sometimes do a quick slide up before sliding down more slowly.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
One time during a very loud and heavily distorted performance of our school improv group, the song ended with everyone coming to a halt, and I ended with a dive bomb while everyone was silent. It provided a nice touch.

I like sliding both up and down, but usually down.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
It all depends on the mood of the song, and what you want to leave the audience with.
I like Fall Out Boy.
That is all.
Down, sliding up at the end of most songs just sounds gay! Also I tend to do a pick slide before the last power chord of real rockin songs!(eg.Killin in the name-RATM)
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
i usually just mute the strings, then i whip my dick out and ejaculate all over the audience. I call this the "gravy finish"
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Only one way to go man
Shake every note in the chord for as long as possible.
FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
i usually just mute the strings, then i whip my dick out and ejaculate all over the audience. I call this the "gravy finish"

i think i've done that a few times especially when waiting during the first 3 min of november rain there really isn't anything to do during that part of the song, but the ejaculation really sets the mood for the sweet ass guitar solo
i usually dont, but when i do, its down.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by chinkboy7
i think i've done that a few times especially when waiting during the first 3 min of november rain there really isn't anything to do during that part of the song, but the ejaculation really sets the mood for the sweet ass guitar solo

So basically, the race is on once the song starts.

I must say, I have never fapped in 4/4...
Quote by Kutanmoogle
So basically, the race is on once the song starts.

I must say, I have never fapped in 4/4...

well you have about 3 min so that should be plenty of time... if you can get it up quick
^Have you fapped in 6/8?
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by chinkboy7
well you have about 3 min so that should be plenty of time... if you can get it up quick

Pfft I just get women to do it for me as I play, because unlike you good men, I wasn't blessed with a third arm to fap and play guitar at the same time.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
What if your guitar is in standard tuning and you end on an E major chord in open position? How do you slide down from that?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Wayward_Son
^Have you fapped in 6/8?

Yes. I call it the tango fap.

Aka pirate fap, carnival fap, drunken irish stupor fap.

I am a polyrhythmic fapper.
Quote by kyle100
Pfft I just get women to do it for me as I play, because unlike you good men, I wasn't blessed with a third arm to fap and play guitar at the same time.

who said anything about a 3rd arm if you noticed that i was talking about he first 3 min of november rain then you would notice that there practically isn't any guitar during that time
Quote by chinkboy7
who said anything about a 3rd arm if you noticed that i was talking about he first 3 min of november rain then you would notice that there practically isn't any guitar during that time

Besides, everybody knows that real men fap using the guitar, and not their hands.

Noob.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Besides, everybody knows that real men fap using the guitar, and not their hands.

Noob.

what are you british americans use their mouths
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't...when I do, it depends where I end on teh neck. Obviously if I ende near the headstock, I'm not sliding farther towards the headstock. Liewise, if I'm up at the 14th, 15th fret, I won't be sliding farther up.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
What a retarded topic, I just do what sounds good.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.