Page 1 of 2
WARNING: THIS POST IS JUST FOR A FUN LITTLE READ (NO b!tchy "this is pointless" UGers please)

So the other day my gma went shopping and my gpa was asleep so i figgered...what the hell? i got 50 tube watts that i usually only REALLY crank once a week at least. So i set my dirty channel to a nice crunchy overdrive, somethin a lil more gainier than AC/DC but not really saturated, so you could pretty much get a nice 80s rock sound out of it. had the volume set.....the pose set....the G power chord fingered....and i hit that b!tch down and the whole damn house shook...

(keep in mind my 50 watter was at 1/4 volume)

that's when i hit the second stage of puberty and i think my gpa had flashbacks of Charlie bombing everything cuz he didn't know WHAT the hell was going on...

haha i had to stand in the room next to my bedroom just to keep my ears from bleeding. i did get in bout 2 or 3 minutes of rockin' before i turned it back down...thank God i'm jammin with a couple friends sunday afternoon...and i'm definitely doin at least half master volume!!! anyone else get their volume fetish fulfilled lately?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
I open my window to play my Deville at 4
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
and the deville goes up to 12...
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
I stand by my peavey classic 30 cranked, is there something wrong with my amp?
well, i was playin a 5150 last month and it was awesome, cranked that thing, wish i had one

but other than that no
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
thats funny, when most others hits puberty its not a guitar in thier hand....at least not in the same room as your sleepin grandpa
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
na shtiming, i can stand in front of mine while at halfway but anymore than that and i'm just asking to kill any chance of having good hearing for the rest of my life. that and i guess how you have ur highs EQ'd....if you use more bass and mids i guess it would be a lil less harsh...and the fact that the SG is a very trebly and midrangy instument so that contributes to the high frequencies lol.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
i usually practice with mine at 1... with a pillow in front of it and ear plugs...

okay, the 2nd part is a lie but truly at 1...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Just moved our jam space into the attic... I can CRANK my AC15 now. I know it isn't as loud as some other amps, but she screams!
Ibanez SZ520QM - Transparent Red
-Seymour Duncan '59 in the bridge/Coil-Tapped Pearly Gates in the neck
Synsonics Strat Copy with Hotrails Pickup in the bridge
Vox AC15cc Tube Amp
Vox V847 Wah
Digitech JamMan Looper
Cusack Screamer OD Pedal
I've got a hot rod deluxe running through a 412 cab, and I play through it at 7 usually. Of course, I rarely use it outside of band practice and shows.
hug your local pug dealer!
used to like to run my vox something something something at max settings into my 300 watt pa amp, that was fun then my vox had the input jack break on it. cant wait for my rg300. my neighbors will love me. And yes playing loud=larger pair
lmao i hit puberty in 8th grade i'm talking bout the SECOND puberty....the one that only those who hit that awesome powerchord on a cranked amp can experience!! i think my penis also grew another few inches
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
^ haha

but when i'm by myself at my house during the day i stand in front of my 100 JCM900 halfstack turned up to about 6. it's amazing. i need to go get some earplugs
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by shtiming

no, but theres something wrong with your ears.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
played 30 seconds with my ycv40wr at 5/10
got scared
went back to 3 (usually play at 1-1.5) but I had no school and all my neighbors were gone
the only thing that coulda been better would be my dad kneeling down and telling me "i've been waiting for this day since you were born" (as his angel wings spread out and he picks up his godly strat and starts a never-ending jam session w/ his Marshall Jubilee)
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by kool98769
no, but theres something wrong with your ears.

anyways, tried to crank it again. my ears started to hurt past 7 out of 12. i was scared t play it.
oooh i'm counting the hours till sunday afternoon till i get to realllly crank it
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
u should probably wear earplugs. played loud is cool, and you feel like a badass without earplugs, but you'll regret not using them later on.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
yea i been lookin to get some so i preserve my hearing.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
tues, thrus,fri, and sat i jam with drummer
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Loudest i have gotten mine is 4 if i remember correctly... Practice with it on 1-1.5...

Yesterday i did get to jam with the band im a tech for in there rehersal room. Had a full stack going.. That was pretty smooth... But even then we were only at like 5 lol...
Quote by shtiming

Apart from the fact that it has to be seen next to you, no.

I haven't really cranked many amps much, I worry that I'm going to do something to my ears.
i was almost afraid to play any of the high b and e string notes b/c i thought they'd shatter the windows LMAO. anyone else get scared that could happen??
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
I crank my Mesa Triple Recto to above gig/practice volumes a lot (no neighbors)...or until my gf b1tches at me to turn it down. I love it. Especially when it starts to push my Mesa cab. Chills.
man my JCM900 50 watt head is LOUD but house moving ear bleeding loud.. no.... i can stand right infront of it maxed right out... sure my ears are ringing like a bastard after, but i`m not affraid to shatter windows with it LOL
Yeah man my JCM900 (100watt Dual Reverb) freaking blasts! I love it. The louder the better.
my Marshall JTM 60 is 100 watts and freakin' loud, i don't think i've ever pushed the master passed 3 or 4 because i live on such a quiet block and there are usually people in my house so i really can't without disturbing someone.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by psychokiller99
u should probably wear earplugs. played loud is cool, and you feel like a badass without earplugs, but you'll regret not using them later on.

+1

I was drunk at practice the other day and cranked my 5150 to about 7 for about 4 whole seconds lol and I thought my basement walls were about to cave in.
Quote by Moe.
Apart from the fact that it has to be seen next to you, no.

I haven't really cranked many amps much, I worry that I'm going to do something to my ears.

God, what?

My Twin Reverb gets to 6 or 8 on both volumes at band practice, but I do pull two tubes from it.
I cranked my AD50VT to Full Powa at half wattage. At 2 am. Almost had the cops called on me
Quote by slash_rocks2005
lmao i hit puberty in 8th grade i'm talking bout the SECOND puberty....the one that only those who hit that awesome powerchord on a cranked amp can experience!! i think my penis also grew another few inches

Its called an erection.

And second puberty? I don't think that's supposed to happen. You should see a doctor, or the Pit.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
I cranked my GA5 yesterday and got my first real taste of those pure valve tones.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
well my bassist cranked his amp up to ten and it wasnt too loud. its 5 SS watts.

on the other hand.... i still want to try cranking my ac15 halfway
Got no neighbour.

Cranck it every day.
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
I know that feeling. Awesome with my Laney VC50.

Laneys ftw! Pretty damn loud amps!

Going to 3 on that (with earplugs) totally blew my mind. I couldn't imagine going any higher.
Wonder how a Laney 100 watt stack sounds at that stage *drools*
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Page 1 of 2