Page 1 of 2
Has anyone ever been to a psych ward/mental hospital???

I've almost been sent to one and I've visited someone in there. It was pretty freaky. A lot of people had lice there for some reason.
I've been deemed 'dangerous' and something like 'unfit for public' a few times, due to some things I do (although they've been less and less often now, as I'm even more into my music).

There really aren't any around where I live. Probably one in Indy or something, I don't know.

As a side note. It's not like everyone in them has a straight-jacket on and is completely bonkers. Hell, I'm 'normal' 90% of the time and if things continued could've been sent. There are people with some serious things wrong with them; however, a lot of people aren't like that all the time.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
yep twice in a childrens and twice in an adult psyche ward. everyone was all druged out
Quote by XaosKnight
I quote myself
Quote by Td_Nights
I've been deemed 'dangerous' and something like 'unfit for public' a few times, due to some things I do (although they've been less and less often now, as I'm even more into my music).

There really aren't any around where I live. Probably one in Indy or something, I don't know.

As a side note. It's not like everyone in them has a straight-jacket on and is completely bonkers. Hell, I'm 'normal' 90% of the time and if things continued could've been sent. There are people with some serious things wrong with them; however, a lot of people aren't like that all the time.

If you dont mind me askin, what do you do?

I've got some issues myself. Hell, everyone seems to on this site.

I guess Schizophrenic people are mostly the ones that most people would call "crazy"?
Yes, if you're on suicide watch you can't sleep in your own room. You have to sleep in the hall way. That's supposed to make you feel better, apparently. That, and hanging out with a guy who has a habit of whipping his dick out at 3 PM when Seventh Heaven comes on. Oh, and if you wig out, they stick you in the quiet room by yourself. That is supposed to cheer you up, too.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by XaosKnight
yep twice in a childrens and twice in an adult psyche ward. everyone was all druged out

Care to say why you went? If not it's cool

I'm just kinda nervous bc I've almost had to go
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Yes, if you're on suicide watch you can't sleep in your own room. You have to sleep in the hall way. That's supposed to make you feel better, apparently. That, and hanging out with a guy who has a habit of whipping his dick out at 3 PM when Seventh Heaven comes on. Oh, and if you wig out, they stick you in the quiet room by yourself. That is supposed to cheer you up, too.

Nothing cheers you up like seeing a pecker... especially during 7th heaven
Quote by Vagabond21
Care to say why you went? If not it's cool

I'm just kinda nervous bc I've almost had to go

Did you not have insurance or something? They'll stick anyone in there so long as they have insurance. As a matter of fact, if you say anything that they can misconstrue as a death threat, they'll stick you in. If your parents don't comply, DFS is called and charges are brought on your parents apparently.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

im probly gonna get sent when i get my tongue split lol
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
Quote by Vagabond21
If you dont mind me askin, what do you do?

I've got some issues myself. Hell, everyone seems to on this site.

I guess Schizophrenic people are mostly the ones that most people would call "crazy"?

I...had/have some issues. Personal things, to be honest. Not for the internet.

I have slight anger problems, and some bit of Bi-Polarity from my Mom's side of the family. :|

I just enjoy things a lot of others don't. I look even weirder because I'm in a small town, and to my knowledge there's virtually nobody else that acts the way I have before (although I won't be again).

I still run around town during the summer nights and scare the hell out of people while wearing different costumes. I was once put in the paper
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Did you not have insurance or something? They'll stick anyone in there so long as they have insurance. As a matter of fact, if you say anything that they can misconstrue as a death threat, they'll stick you in. If your parents don't comply, DFS is called and charges are brought on your parents apparently.

Yeah I have insurance, I'm 21 and work full time so I don't know if my parents would have any say.

I've basically just snapped a few times... Not like anger, more towards the loopy side.

I have 2 shrinks and I'm on a crapload of meds. Including Klonopin. Speaking of Kpin, anyone know how many you have to take to get high? Sometimes you just gotta check out of reality
Quote by Vagabond21
Speaking of Kpin, anyone know how many you have to take to get high? Sometimes you just gotta check out of reality

I....don't think it's working.lol just kiddin man

My parents have told me I belong in one, but i just have ADD and enjoy ice tea.
^^^^

First off, purposefully overdosing on medicine that's intended to help you won't help anything, most likely making it worse.

I'm only 15. I broke my hand awhile back from losing it and punching a hole straight through the wall of the room I'm in now.

I just channel everything onto guitar. I found an acoustic the other day (points to blog), so now I play with that.

Once the weather's back up, as in warm, I'll be out and about, having fun.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by daeqwon10000
I....don't think it's working.lol just kiddin man

My parents have told me I belong in one, but i just have ADD and enjoy ice tea.

Hahahahha hahahahh ahahhaha, me either.... :: starts crying::

jk... but seriously how many?
i heard voices tell me to kill myself i thought they were from god so i slit my wrists. my mom found me and saved my life. i still have huge scars
Quote by XaosKnight
I quote myself
Quote by XaosKnight
i heard voices tell me to kill myself i thought they were from god so i slit my wrists. my mom found me and saved my life. i still have huge scars

Do you still hear them?

What did you get diagnosed with?
Quote by Td_Nights
^^^^

First off, purposefully overdosing on medicine that's intended to help you won't help anything, most likely making it worse.

I'm only 15. I broke my hand awhile back from losing it and punching a hole straight through the wall of the room I'm in now.

I just channel everything onto guitar. I found an acoustic the other day (points to blog), so now I play with that.

Once the weather's back up, as in warm, I'll be out and about, having fun.

That suggestion is a little difficult when you're bipolar. If you're in the manic or normal phase, it's really easy to want to channel your energy into playing music and what not, but when it gets to the point where you're so unhappy that you don't see the point in it, and you practically become an existentialist.. It's more difficult. But overdosing on the meds would be retarded. You're given a certain amount of them to keep you normal. That's the point of the medication: To be more normal.

Interestingly enough, most people that are diagnosed with ADD, bipolar disorder, clinical depression, etc, etc.. Don't actually have these things. More often than not they have a sleep disorder and don't realize it, and the amount that you sleep does affect your mood and behavior quite a bit. The quality of your sleep does as well.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Interestingly enough, most people that are diagnosed with ADD, bipolar disorder, clinical depression, etc, etc.. Don't actually have these things. More often than not they have a sleep disorder and don't realize it, and the amount that you sleep does affect your mood and behavior quite a bit. The quality of your sleep does as well.

*goes to bed*
Quote by XaosKnight

And That, ladies and gentlemen, means don't be a Christian!

Only kidding. I enjoy not having chosen a faith/lack of one. Gets things like that out of the way.

Hell, if anything I'd follow Buckethead over something I have no idea about. Then again, I derive most of, if not all but a teeny-tiny percent of my influence from him.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
psych wards used to be fun back when they let you smoke, then the hospitals got taken over by health nazis so they suck now, last time i was in one they gave the damn patch, which caused me to become violently ill for like a week.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by daeqwon10000
*goes to bed*

It doesn't really work like that. A sleep disorder isn't necessarily insomnia. It could be any number of things, like if you remember a lot of your dreams you have a sleep disorder. If you move around a lot, you have a sleep disorder, etc, etc.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
That suggestion is a little difficult when you're bipolar. If you're in the manic or normal phase, it's really easy to want to channel your energy into playing music and what not, but when it gets to the point where you're so unhappy that you don't see the point in it, and you practically become an existentialist.. It's more difficult. But overdosing on the meds would be retarded. You're given a certain amount of them to keep you normal. That's the point of the medication: To be more normal.

I'm pretty sure you just described me.
I've got panic disorder, major depressive disorder, sleep apnea, dissociative disorder, and RLS.

I often wonder if im bipolar bc my moods are constantly changing. One day I have to interest in anything, the next I'm bouncing off the walls. But the hyperness only lasts about a day. I wish I knew for sure
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Hm. Fair point indeed. wait...

Didn't we have a similar conversation on another thread about this?

I'll pm you later with something I've left out, as I did on the other thread if you'd like.

EDIT: Sleep apnea? We're discussing that on here? Wohoo Grandpa died of it. All three of my uncles have it, from the same side of the family.

Although if it does occur, it'll be awhile. No real signs of it yet, unless I haven't noticed.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Last edited by Td_Nights at Mar 15, 2008,
Quote by Td_Nights
And That, ladies and gentlemen, means don't be a Christian!

Only kidding. I enjoy not having chosen a faith/lack of one. Gets things like that out of the way.

Hell, if anything I'd follow Buckethead over something I have no idea about. Then again, I derive most of, if not all but a teeny-tiny percent of my influence from him.

You raise a good point. The last time I was off my meds, I read Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard and I insisted that if I tried hard enough I could get aliens to beam me up so I wouldn't have to be on this planet anymore. I didn't even believe in Scientology. I was just intereted in learning how to contact aliens.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Vagabond21
I'm pretty sure you just described me.
I've got panic disorder, major depressive disorder, sleep apnea, dissociative disorder, and RLS.

I often wonder if im bipolar bc my moods are constantly changing. One day I have to interest in anything, the next I'm bouncing off the walls. But the hyperness only lasts about a day. I wish I knew for sure

It wouldn't really work like that if you're bipolar. That's more along the lines of.. say.. Borderline Personality Disorder, which gets diagnosed as Bipolar a lot. It's a little different. People with BPD tend to question reality a lot more. And their mood swings happen a lot more frequently. My swings usually happen over long periods of time, and don't happen that frequently. Usually I'm normal, and then maybe a year after being completely normal, I'll get one.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
It wouldn't really work like that if you're bipolar. That's more along the lines of.. say.. Borderline Personality Disorder, which gets diagnosed as Bipolar a lot. It's a little different. People with BPD tend to question reality a lot more. And their mood swings happen a lot more frequently. My swings usually happen over long periods of time, and don't happen that frequently. Usually I'm normal, and then maybe a year after being completely normal, I'll get one.

Yeah, I've read up on BPD and the time period thing is what threw me off. Like you said the swings last a while.

I'll hafta check into the borderline thing
Meh.

Even 'professionals' are off. Half do it for the cash alone, don't care. Just want a nice living.

Hell, there's so many labels for so many things that are similar, you could have to pay for 5 meds and at one point or another only need a couple of them.

A lot of the similarities make things like this hard to set the defining line down on. I've become able to manage myself, hope something works out for the others.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Vagabond21
Yeah, I've read up on BPD and the time period thing is what threw me off. Like you said the swings last a while.

I'll hafta check into the borderline thing

Self diagnosing yourself is a bad idea. If you start to read too much into it, it can influence your actions. Kinda like a placebo effect, if you get what I mean. I still think most people who feel depressed should have someone watch them when they sleep to see how much they move around and what not. I got a sleep study done once, it was cool as hell. You get put into a room that looks like a Hotel Room and people watch you, it's kinda weird. My mom works in one, and I got to be a Medical Assistant for about a month, and this old guy masturbated in there while the the people that worked there had to watch.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Self diagnosing yourself is a bad idea. If you start to read too much into it, it can influence your actions. Kinda like a placebo effect, if you get what I mean. I still think most people who feel depressed should have someone watch them when they sleep to see how much they move around and what not. I got a sleep study done once, it was cool as hell. You get put into a room that looks like a Hotel Room and people watch you, it's kinda weird. My mom works in one, and I got to be a Medical Assistant for about a month, and this old guy masturbated in there while the the people that worked there had to watch.

Oh my God, the perfect plan!
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Haha I've had 2 sleep studies done. They're gonna give me a c pap machine or whatever its called. Hopefully it will help
Quote by Td_Nights
Oh my God, the perfect plan!

I never had to watch them sleep, that wasn't really my job. My job was taking blood pressure, charts, etc. But on one or two occasions, old senile men would walk around completely naked in their rooms. It was pretty funny. That's actually why I wasn't there long.. I wasn't very professional about funny things like that. Seriously, how am I not supposed to laugh at an old man who can't not masturbate for 24 hours, and has to walk around naked in order to hit on the staff?

Seriously, though. The test is cool, they hook you up to a bunch of weird machines to view your brain waves and heart rhythms and stuff. If the rooms didn't look like a Holiday Inn it would be like a Sci Fi movie.
Quote by vintage x metal

The one that I went to (UCI) was actually pretty good. The people there were really chill and I even met a fine Swedish chick. They feed you pretty well too. I'm not saying it was heaven or anything I'm just saying my stay was good. I guess it depends on where you go
my mom thought i should go to one for a while, so we went for an interview at a nearby institution
the dude perscribed me therapy (which i no longer go to) and pills (which i now longer take)
huh
wish me luck
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
SOmetimes I think I should just turn myself into a Mental Hospital,

Ive never really done anything bad but I just horrible thoughts of doing really bad things... for instnace

at 3AM while driving home theres only one other car on the road coming my way, I contemplated floorin it and smashing straight into the car... for no reason, yeah it wasnt the best day ever but I kept telling myself ahh theres no reason live lets just do it

BTW that was last night and tonight I look at that and say WTF but my brain just wants to do all kinds horrible things at random points of my life and I can only partially control it. =/
Quote by NightEmbers
SOmetimes I think I should just turn myself into a Mental Hospital,

Ive never really done anything bad but I just horrible thoughts of doing really bad things... for instnace

at 3AM while driving home theres only one other car on the road coming my way, I contemplated floorin it and smashing straight into the car... for no reason, yeah it wasnt the best day ever but I kept telling myself ahh theres no reason live lets just do it

BTW that was last night and tonight I look at that and say WTF but my brain just wants to do all kinds horrible things at random points of my life and I can only partially control it. =/

That's normal.. I think. Most people have expressed thoughts like those. The only time anyone should be put into a hospital is when they are unable to make the decisions they would if they were more normal. You don't seem to be a threat to harming yourself or others, just that you think about it from time to time. If it freaks you out, that's probably a good sign. The calmer you are about the idea of dying or hurting someone, the more normal it would seem to you, and the more at peace with it you are. NO one can control those types of thoughts. They can only control their actions. The only people who belong in hospitals are people who can't control their actions for whatever reason.
Quote by vintage x metal

I used to think I might belong in one, I used to get pretty strange ideas, sometimes I still get them.

now... I think I'm just really... odd, and for no real reason, and should probably be seeing a therapist

edit- I think my avatar is quite appropriate for this thread
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Carswell98
I used to think I might belong in one, I used to get pretty strange ideas, sometimes I still get them.

now... I think I'm just really... odd, and for no real reason, and should probably be seeing a therapist

edit- I think my avatar is quite appropriate for this thread

If you do, visit a psychologist and not a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists are interested only in dispensing pills. Psychologists are more interested in talking.

My problem with the whole system is they make symptoms so vague they can apply to anyone. If you go on shopping sprees, apparently that makes you bipolar. It's a trick to get people to pay for medicine they do not need. It's ridiculous. For the most part, those strange ideas and disturbing thoughts are just imagination and being creative. Everyone loves to read Stephen King novels, but if they meet someone who writes like that, or has those types of thoughts they treat them like they're some kind of freak. What's the god damn difference? These pricks are the ones who are shelling out all kinds of money to be scared because someone else had a slightly disturbing CREATIVE thought, and they act as if that's some kind of symptom for something worse.
Quote by vintage x metal

One of my friends recently got placed in one. She thought she was the messiah and could heal/save anyone. The thought she had premonitions that people were going to die.

She also thought a man (worker) at the ward was going to kill her.

I hope she gets better...
They haven't diagnosed her yet but it almost sounds like schizo to me.
Page 1 of 2