Ok so heres the deal. I use a 5150 ll head when I practice with my band (it belongs to my drummer) So the other day I asked him if he would think about selling it and he said yes. Now its not band new its got some ware'n'tare but it plays and sounds awesome. he said he's let it go for $600 with the case and foot switch. good deal or no?

Now I have been looking around on the internet and looking for other amps with lots of melt your face off gain, and I've come across the B-52 and checked it out on youtube are they any good?

And feel free to post any other options, I'm all ears.

thanks
Definatly the 5150..
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

The b52 is great, but only if you use an EQ pedal with it too.
Its really classic rockish without the eq.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
I would go with the 5150. Not only because i want one myself, but i have played and recorded with the B-52 at my friend's school and i was thoroughly unimpressed. The distortion in my opinion wasn't too great, but it could just be me. And yeah, I've searched for 5150's online like on ebay and other sites, and they usually go for anywhere between $700-$900 so it sounds like a good deal.

EDIT: yeah like the guy above me said, the distortion wasn't too great for metal stuff. It would do the job, but i wasn't too into it.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by lepermessiah22 at Mar 15, 2008,
5105! ftw
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
ive actually heard only good things about the B52. its supposed to nail the recto high-gain tone spot on. its like the poor mans dual rec.

i'd go with the b52. supposedly amazing gain and distortion tone, and also just has more versatility than the 5150 with cleans and crunch and whatnot.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
Quote by lp_dude_2
i love my B-52. but i had to retube it with a JJ high gain retube kit and throw in a MXR zakk overdrive to get the tone i love

The 5150 ll is loaded with JJ in the Preamp and the other tubes are Rubys I think.

Jj's are awesome
5150 II is in my opinion the best hardrock/metal amp under $2000. Noisegates are required :P. However as always play 1 before you buy it .
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
5150 II hands down.
Gear:
Fender Standard HSS Strat w/ Tone Zone bridge
ESP Ltd EC-1k Black cherry
Carvin DC127 blackburst with Bareknuckle Warpigs
Peavey 6505+
Quote by _DeX_
5150 II is in my opinion the best hardrock/metal amp under $2000. Noisegates are required :P. However as always play 1 before you buy it .

I play it about 3-5 times a week. so no problem there

and as fair as the noise gate goes I have something allready picked out

(click me)
Quote by strings-N-stuff
Ok so heres the deal. I use a 5150 ll head when I practice with my band (it belongs to my drummer) So the other day I asked him if he would think about selling it and he said yes. Now its not band new its got some ware'n'tare but it plays and sounds awesome. he said he's let it go for $600 with the case and foot switch. good deal or no?

Now I have been looking around on the internet and looking for other amps with lots of melt your face off gain, and I've come across the B-52 and checked it out on youtube are they any good?

And feel free to post any other options, I'm all ears.

thanks

ya dude that an awsome deal for the 5150 II especially if the road case is a an actual hardcase road case id definetlly take it over the B-52
Gear: Peavey 5150 Head
Peavey 5150 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standerd
Gibson Flying V
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshal JCM 800 1960 A Lead Cab

Quote by dcdossett65
I dont think i'd ever buy a gibson, the epiphones dont feel any different to me, besides the sound.
Quote by outlived
ya dude that an awsome deal for the 5150 II especially if the road case is a an actual hardcase road case id definetlly take it over the B-52

Yes it is a hard case, and I was leaning twards the 5150 ll anyway, I was just looking for opinions.

thanks