Page 1 of 3
I was reading my new issue of Guitar World, and it seems like Dimebag is on every other page. Don't get me wrong he was freaking awesome, but he's gone now, and we need to move on. I'm so sick of all these Dime Signature Series coming out, and how all these companies are marketing a guys name who is now deceased. Seriously, it's starting to get annoying.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Dimebag can suck my left nut. Never cared for him.

May he rest in peace.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Marketing an amazing dead guitarist is probably one of the smartest things a company can do, especially if they're as good as Dimebag.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
he was good but imo hes way over rated
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
Quote by brandon369852
Marketing an amazing dead guitarist is probably one of the smartest things a company can do, especially if they're as good as Dimebag.

Yes it's very smart, but after a while consumers will get tired of it. Seriously, in every other guitar world issue there seems to be a new article about him.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I'm tired of hearing people complain about hearing about Dimebag.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
YES. YES. THANK YOU.

I agree, it was a tragedy, he was shot on stage. He was young, he had talent, he could have become something great.

He dies, and Dean cashes off his death. Incredibly overrated. I realize, I'm probably gonna get flamed for this.

There are way more artists that don't get as much posthumous attention, even though they deserve it.

John Bohnam, Cliff Burton, Chuck Schuldiner, Quorthon...the list goes on.

May he rest in peace nonetheless.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Dimebag was mediocre at best.

But still, no one deserves a young death. RIP.

^^And that's basically how most people think, including myself, which is probably why he is everywhere.

EDIT: At the "young death" part, not the mediocre part.
Yeah, i'm tired of it too.

I have to applaud Fender for what they did with Hendrix's name: Barely anything.
Maybe one reissue strat, that's it.

Dean is really starting to piss me off, because the razorbacks aren't even that good compared to ESPs and gibsons, yet I seen some go over 1500$. That's marketing for ya.

PS: Dimebag was overrated, but since he died, everyone seems to praise this guy. But as one of you said, no one deserves a young death, especially to be murdered.

RIP
Quote by Bobsam3
he was good but imo hes way over rated

yeah same here but mainly cuz i was never a pantera fan, but the fact that marketing a guitar design after a dead guitarist is a smart idea to all the metalheads and 13 year old guitarists wannabe's to buy their stuff
Anyone else notice all the letters to the editor about dimebag are all from people in prison? I just found it funny.

Quote by HelloHalo
YES. YES. THANK YOU.

I agree, it was a tragedy, he was shot on stage. He was young, he had talent, he could have become something great.

He dies, and Dean cashes off his death. Incredibly overrated. I realize, I'm probably gonna get flamed for this.

There are way more artists that don't get as much posthumous attention, even though they deserve it.

John Bohnam, Cliff Burton, Chuck Schuldiner, Quorthon...the list goes on.

May he rest in peace nonetheless.

Cliff Burton, John Boham, Chuck Sculdiner, and Quorthon didn't have a close relationship with Guitar World, and probably didn't have close relationships with the companies that made their gear.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

He's turned into a marketing ploy. Great guitarist with average tone=$$$$$$$$$
I liked his playing though. Better than a lot of other guitarists with his own personal style. I don't like every media camera centered around him, and it is too much, but that doesnt mean he's overrated. Just over"used"
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Yes it's very smart, but after a while consumers will get tired of it. Seriously, in every other guitar world issue there seems to be a new article about him.

And when consumers gets tired of it, they stop buying it, and the companies will stop putting it out for sale. So obviously, people are still interested in the guitars and still buying it, so it's still out.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
And when consumers gets tired of it, they stop buying it, and the companies will stop putting it out for sale. So obviously, people are still interested in the guitars and still buying it, so it's still out.

True... but maybe Dean should start being more original and come out with some other guitars. I'd have a lot more respect for them if they did.

I 'm tired of these threads bitching about Dimebag....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
cry for dime or zakk wylde will crush ur skull with his biceps/crappy epiphone guitars

duh
Quote by BladeSlinger
I 'm tired of these threads bitching about Dimebag....

The threads praising Dime outnumber the ones bitching about him 10000000:1.
Quote by Mike!
The threads praising Dime outnumber the ones bitching about him 10000000:1.

Yes, but the people making those threads don't insult your favorite guitarist. You people act as if Dimebag being tributed negates the talent of YOUR favorite dead musician.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by tim5_ICT
cry for dime or zakk wylde will crush ur skull with his biceps/crappy epiphone guitars

duh

. <----Periods (Use Them).

Pretty much anybody who dies gets overhyped. Die and you're FAMOUS.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by tim5_ICT
yes... sorry.

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I was reading my new issue of Guitar World, and it seems like Dimebag is on every other page. Don't get me wrong he was freaking awesome, but he's gone now, and we need to move on. I'm so sick of all these Dime Signature Series coming out, and how all these companies are marketing a guys name who is now deceased. Seriously, it's starting to get annoying.

I'm sick of Guitar World's redundancy....and I'm with yeh on the Dime part too...But as it was mentioned in the posts...It is a marketing scheme.
they market all the dead people they can, but yeah, i'm sick of people talking about Dimebag and looking at little magazines full of artists signature guitars and have 3 hour conversations about it -_- its torture being trapped in a classroom with that, i guess i cant complain though, i've did stupid and annoying **** to get money before, im no different from the people marketing all this **** =/
I breathe air.
Every time his name is even remotely relevant, 10000 fan boys have to say "OMG RIP DIME!!!" It's annoying as hell.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Yes, but the people making those threads don't insult your favorite guitarist. You people act as if Dimebag being tributed negates the talent of YOUR favorite dead musician.

dude there's been about 2 posts of people saying negative things towards dimebag... The vast majority of people have said they thought he was a great player, and even the people who didn't like him said RIP. I don't know if you are saying people insult dime in these kinds of threads in GENERAL, or in this one in particular..
Anyways I personally don't like Pantera very much. I think they were talented, but it's just not my style of music.
That sucks though that dimebag was killed on stage. especially because they were a band that was always so close to the fans and loved the fans. I also think what Dean is doing is pretty lame.
At least vinnie paul is still rockin with Hell Yeah
yes it is slighty annoying and I hate Dean for overusing his name.

But I think the reason that he is always in guitar world is not because what he did but what he could have done.

RIP Dime.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I'm tired of hearing people complain about hearing about Dimebag.

+1

It makes you just as bad.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Didn't hear anyone bitching about all the Randy Rhodes signature guitars, and he's been dead for over 20 years.

Dimebag isnt even in Randy's leauge.

yeah im tired of it too. nobody even really knew who he was untill he got killed, and now everyone is acting like they worshiped him when he was alive.

he seriously wasnt even that good.

Quote by Sibanez
I'm sick of Guitar World's redundancy

**** eddie van halen.
Last edited by xrawrockkillsx at Mar 15, 2008,
Quote by rush5757
dude there's been about 2 posts of people saying negative things towards dimebag... The vast majority of people have said they thought he was a great player, and even the people who didn't like him said RIP. I don't know if you are saying people insult dime in these kinds of threads in GENERAL, or in this one in particular..
Anyways I personally don't like Pantera very much. I think they were talented, but it's just not my style of music.
That sucks though that dimebag was killed on stage. especially because they were a band that was always so close to the fans and loved the fans. I also think what Dean is doing is pretty lame.
At least vinnie paul is still rockin with Hell Yeah

Firstly.. I was referring to the general threads, not this one in particular. Secondly, how is what Dean is doing wrong? Dean was practically built on the mans shoulders. Dean owes a lot to Dimebag, why wouldn't they want to pay tribute to him? I doubt very much Dimebag would mind being a spokesman for his favorite guitar company in death, as he was one when he was alive. And more importantly: His fans want it. I mean jesus, when you look through Guitar World you're going to be seeing ads of SOMETHING. If it's not a Razorback, it's going to be monster picks, or the millionth ad featuring Steve Vai, which no one complains about.
Quote by vintage x metal

dime was great, and he deserves all that guitar world tributes to him. it may be a little much, but it's great what they've done. i don't think it's very reasonable to rip on dime at all, he was an amazing metal guitarist and just a great guy.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Firstly.. I was referring to the general threads, not this one in particular. Secondly, how is what Dean is doing wrong? Dean was practically built on the mans shoulders. Dean owes a lot to Dimebag, why wouldn't they want to pay tribute to him? I doubt very much Dimebag would mind being a spokesman for his favorite guitar company in death, as he was one when he was alive. And more importantly: His fans want it. I mean jesus, when you look through Guitar World you're going to be seeing ads of SOMETHING. If it's not a Razorback, it's going to be monster picks, or the millionth ad featuring Steve Vai, which no one complains about.

Well I don't think it's wrong what they're doing, that makes it sound worse
I said it was kind of lame. I guess if you put it the way you did it's a little different, but I was thinking of it more like Dean is milking all the money they can by using Dime's name to sell products that should sell for less. It's like how you could buy target shirts for $7 or buy hollister shirts for $30 and the only difference is the brand name on it. Just my opinion of Dean anyways.
Quote by killerswan
dime was great, and he deserves all that guitar world tributes to him. it may be a little much, but it's great what they've done. i don't think it's very reasonable to rip on dime at all, he was an amazing metal guitarist and just a great guy.

no wai, d00d, ppl only liek him cuz he is dead nao. That maid him uh better geetar player apparently.

His death had no effect on his music. The only thing that was affected was the amount of media attention he was given, which brought him new fans. What's the problem with that? No one has EVER said, "DUDE! Did you guys hear about Dimebag? That dude was AMAZING at dying."
Quote by rush5757
Well I don't think it's wrong what they're doing, that makes it sound worse
I said it was kind of lame. I guess if you put it the way you did it's a little different, but I was thinking of it more like Dean is milking all the money they can by using Dime's name to sell products that should sell for less. It's like how you could buy target shirts for $7 or buy hollister shirts for $30 and the only difference is the brand name on it. Just my opinion of Dean anyways.

Gibson milks Les Paul, don't they? The only reason Fender doesn't milk Hendrix the same way is because they're already well known enough that they don't need to.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Pft, don't give us that "Dean owes a lot to Dimebag so their going to make a ton of tribute guitars to honor him" They're a company and they have a goal: to make money. Of course they're going to make a ton of different signature guitars, it's a huge money maker for them because people worship Dimebag and want to sound like him. They're just another company making some money, and they're exploiting Dimebag to do it. If they only had a couple signatures that would be fine and it would be honoring him. But they have about 30 the last time I checked, so what does that tell you?

Quote by killerswan

God I hope this was sarcastic.

And +1 to the person who mentioned what Fender did with Hendrix.

EDIT:

Quote by Jack Off Jill
no wai, d00d, ppl only liek him cuz he is dead nao. That maid him uh better geetar player apparently.

His death had no effect on his music. The only thing that was affected was the amount of media attention he was given, which brought him new fans. What's the problem with that? No one has EVER said, "DUDE! Did you guys hear about Dimebag? That dude was AMAZING at dying."

Gibson milks Les Paul, don't they? The only reason Fender doesn't milk Hendrix the same way is because they're already well known enough that they don't need to.

The amount of media attention is part of the reason why he's so overrated, people just won't let him die. He didn't make himself overrated, his music didn't do it, it's the fans. There's so many people out there that just jumped on the bandwagon and think he's amazing because they heard about him and somebody else thinks he's good.

Gibson milks Les Paul? He designed the guitar himself and sold the rights to Gibson. And the reason LPs are so popular is because so different artists use them. When you see a lot of your favorite bands playing a LP you're obviously going to want one to sound like them.

How in the world do you think that Gibson isn't as well known as Fender is? I'm seriously asking that. You see Gibson everywhere, especially since Guitar Hero came out.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Last edited by thsrayas at Mar 15, 2008,
I like dimebag but yeah he's a little over exposed, the sad thing is I will still read articles about him in guitar world as long as they make them. Also whats worse than hearing about dimebag is after every mention of him people always say RIP DIME, usually followed by some stupid comment like ' You will stay in our memories'.
Quote by thsrayas
Pft, don't give us that "Dean owes a lot to Dimebag so their going to make a ton of tribute guitars to honor him" They're a company and they have a goal: to make money. Of course they're going to make a ton of different signature guitars, it's a huge money maker for them because people worship Dimebag and want to sound like him. They're just another company making some money, and they're exploiting Dimebag to do it. If they only had a couple signatures that would be fine and it would be honoring him. But they have about 30 the last time I checked, so what does that tell you?

God I hope this was sarcastic.

And +1 to the person who mentioned what Fender did with Hendrix.

Yeah, and Zakk is exploiting Dimebag by writing songs about him. Some people write songs, some people paint, some people make guitars. Most of those guitars were designed when Dime was still alive, they exploit people regardless of whether or not the musician is dead or not. Hence Les Paul guitars.
Quote by vintage x metal

Page 1 of 3