I don't know what to do now. I've had my heart set on a traynor YCV50 but everyone is saying Peavey Classic 30 or 50 or delta blues.

I tried out a delta blues and a C30 and liked em alot but I haven't tried a traynor there isn't a place here where they are sold. so wadda you think should a take a shot in the dark and get the Traynor or get a C30 or delta blues.

I play Classic rock a bit of metal and some jazz thrown in for good mesure
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue = win. It's got some sparkling cleans, smooth overdrives into some chunkier rock to metal ones - especially if you use a distortion pedal (TS808 or TS9 are probably best).

What guitar do you have to run through it?
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
I got a Strat and a Les paul
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
i have heard nothing but good things about the Traynor and the Classics but i don't know much about the Delta so i can't put my opinion on it. Instead of getting the 50 though I'd get http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-40WR-YCV40WR-40W-All-Tube-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speaker?sku=489074 , it's got a Vintage 30 in it so you know you are getting a high quality speaker with your high quality amp, this is unless you are talking about the YCV50Blue, which already has a V30 in it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those amp, but traynors are definitely well priced.
My Gear
Agile AL-3100
Crate GT65
Boss DS-2
No I want that particular Traynor cause it has EL84s so its marshall voiced instead of fenderish
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Nice...that's what I'm running through it. Between the two guitars and OD pedal I can range almost anything. The only complaint is that sometimes it's almost too smooth through my LP neck but that's easy to fix with EQing.

I'd say the Traynor. Also check this out - it's got audio of the LP and Strat run through it: http://www.traynoramps.com/default.asp?p1=4&p2=0&p_id=37

EDIT: It's voicing is very much like a Marshall - if you're a fellow Zep head then you'll be pleased with the Page-esque tones.
Gibson Les Paul Classic

Quote by Dee'snutz
sounds great but I dunno I wish I could try one. cause the C30 sounds really good to. I'm still tied I think

yep I play Zeppelin and If you didn't guess boston
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
They have a dealer list on the site...I'd call some places and see if anywhere near you can get you a sample. The place I called didn't stock them (though they were an official dealer), but an employee had one so I'd ask around a lot.

I tried it head to head with the Peavy Classic 50 and though both are quality amps, the Traynor's cleans, mids, and lower levels of distortion all just felt much better. If you have any specific questions keep 'em coming...
Gibson Les Paul Classic

Quote by Dee'snutz
which has better cleans? the reason I'm kind leaning twoards a Delta blues (its a classic 50 with a 15 in it) is cause I found one used for 400 bucks. does the Traynor do eric johnson very well?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I liked the Traynor cleans...though they were very close. The brightness option on the clean channel is a nice touch on the YCV50. With good EQing (which I find to be the the trick to most tone) I can hit Cliffs of Dover (don't know any of his other stuff too well) almost perfectly. With my TS9 (wish it were a TS808) the sound is wicked legit for EJ.
Gibson Les Paul Classic

Quote by Dee'snutz
cool well I'll see If I can find a Traynor to try out thanks for the help
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
My classic nails some EJ. Especially Desert Rose solo parts (which is my fave tone of his).
The classic handles his clean stuff too.
Try out the traynor also.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I don't know where I'm gonna find a Traynor to try though...any ideas?
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era