Well,

being a part time metal guitarist, I've always known that i'm going to need to learn how to sweep

so here goes,

can anyone show me some excercizes/TABs I can use to get started

Because trying to watch videos online isn't very helpful (crappy angles, way too fast, no explanation)

I've been trying to teach myself, but I seriously doubt sweeping has to do with bar chords

So any tips/instruction would be appreciated
See sig.... Go to thread.

Also search "Everything I Do I Do It For UG"

As I have uploaded powertabs of sweep, shred and tapping exercises.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by sneyob
Well,

being a part time metal guitarist, I've always known that i'm going to need to learn how to sweep

so here goes,

can anyone show me some excercizes/TABs I can use to get started

Because trying to watch videos online isn't very helpful (crappy angles, way too fast, no explanation)

I've been trying to teach myself, but I seriously doubt sweeping has to do with bar chords

So any tips/instruction would be appreciated
Well you take a broom you a dustpan you set the dustpan at the one of the room while you take the broom and start using a sweep motion and sweep the dust into the dustpan and walla you sweeped

""Any hoo Here is a general sweep I've learned from my teacher.

its a time sig of 4/4 you sweep down with say the A chord for starters 2 down third one up or back words sweep motion then the 4th down and that should get you started.""
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
What makes you think you "need" to learn to sweep - it's not close to being an essential technique. Fair enough if you want to learn to sweep, but don't feel it's something you're somehow supposed to do just because you play metal...there's hundreds of metal guitarists out there who don't use the technique.

Sweeping is related to barre chords as the ability to hold down a barre is necessary to pull off clean sweeps. You can sweep down a standard barre chord if you want, it just sounds a bit boring, and a lot of arpeggio shapes will use a basic barre chord as their base. If you can't play barre chords then don't even acknowledge that sweep picking exists yet!

Quote by CortFan1
its a time sig of 4/4 you sweep down with say the A chord for starters 2 down third one up or back words sweep motion then the 4th down and that should get you started.""

I don't think that's sweep picking you're describing there, that sounds like strumming.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 15, 2008,
Hey thanks for the replies

Yeah I guess it's not so much that I have to, it's just that alot of our songs feel a little too simple and sweeping can mix things up and work great in harmonies!

Oh, and I think I have the dust pan part down... ;P