So i've Just decided I want to be a fireman.

I've been thinking about it for a few months now.

Im pretty out of shape compared to where i need to be (go figure).

I was thinking about going down and talking to someone about what the requirements are.

I was wondering if anyone else was concidering becoming or already is a fireman/firewoman.
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
starting was like 54k a year. its not much. BUT! i was talking to a fireman today and he said he works 72 straight hours.

also after 20 years i can retire and get 15% of my pay every year. So i can retire at the age of 43 and do something else. and be making 7k off of retirement.

i think it would be pretty cool.
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Quote by metalimaster
firemen arent the ones that start the fires you know.........
I'm totally tempted to make a Farhenheit 451 joke now.
lol yea i know

im also not a big fan of blood and heights... something im gonna need to get over within the next few years lol.
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
What did fire ever do to you?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
most of the ones i know around here are fat and out of shape. i wouldnt want them trying to save me. i doubt the could even make it up the steps.

but, they are all volunteers as well. not sure if that is the reason.
Quote by greasysnowball
lol yea i know

im also not a big fan of blood and heights... something im gonna need to get over within the next few years lol.
I was actually thinking about it a couple years ago, but I believe this is what turned me off that idea. I've passed out in science classes at school before.

I'm telling you - the fire departments could increase their numbers by 2 million annually if they recruited directly from kindergarten.
Quote by Flying Couch
I was actually thinking about it a couple years ago, but I believe this is what turned me off that idea. I've passed out in science classes at school before.

I'm telling you - the fire departments could increase their numbers by 2 million annually if they recruited directly from kindergarten.

lol thats too true.

i dont know, i think about it and in the long run it could be a pretty good choice....

plus how awesome would it be to be shopping and a cute chick walks up to you and you are in your suit.... you know you'd get some action. lol

and i just want my family to be proud of me ya know.. i think it would be an honorable thing
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks
Quote by greasysnowball
plus how awesome would it be to be shopping and a cute chick walks up to you and you are in your suit.... you know you'd get some action. lol
I distinctly remember reading some article a while back - they took a poll, and found out that firefighter was considered the sexiest job possible.
Quote by Flying Couch
I distinctly remember reading some article a while back - they took a poll, and found out that firefighter was considered the sexiest job possible.

yup.. i could be a statistic some day
Quote by Burtonjp

Quote by gunther_sucks