Alright guys i have about till early july to come up with 8 or so minutes of material to apply for a bachelor of contemporary music at Otago in New Zealand. I'm already learning Bert Jansch' cover of Angie and i know trilogy suite by Yngwie. What are some other impressive songs. Btw i know i'm not an incredibly skilled player but i think i do well at songwriting so no neoclassical shred. Some blues would be good. Perhaps some SRV?

Thanks
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Scarified by Racer X (Paul Gilbert). I can manage about a minute of it before cramping up... It's crazy stuff!
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
SRV would be a great choice, also, try some Satriani, Vai, Steve Miller Band, or, you know, you could spend the 8 months learning to be fully ambidextrious and play some MAB for them..
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
always with me, always with you by satriani.... it is pretty damn cool imo plus it has nice progression
Quote by SQHero
Scarified by Racer X (Paul Gilbert). I can manage about a minute of it before cramping up... It's crazy stuff!

luv that song aye.....
Oh, thinking of Gilbert... Check out The Echo Song and Get Out of My Yard. Both songs are really well written and technical.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
it's basically a degree of rock music as far as i can tell. I won't have to play classical. I'm doing a conjoint BSc as well so i won't be completely up the creek if music doesn't work out.
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Start going through any blues stuff you can find until you are able to improvise. Blues is the foundation of all great rock. Learn some Zep and Ac Dc solo's as well because they are good works of classic rock riffs. Satriani and Yngwei are always good as well.

You know what... Anything that sounds hard... you should learn it just to wOw them.
Originally posted by pix_dement - i always thought indie was indian music

Quote by Audio™
You jumped off a bridge to save an epiphone?

Member of Skullbolt's War Council