alright guys, i need a bit of advice.

i play lots of hardcore, and death metal.

i play in drop b and drop c.

i recently found these guitars: http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/esp/guitars_baritone.htm

now i dont want any other suggestions, i just want to know if these are good or bad.

also, seing as its a "baritone guitar" does this just mean, its a guitar thats supposed to be tuned to drop b and have heavy guage strings???

thanks heaps in advance
theyre good yes, but because its baritone doesn't necessarily mean you need it for down tuning. E.G people might want tighter string tension.

but one thing is the mhb-200 & vb-200 arent made anymore, only way you'll get one of those is on the bay.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
and Btw

get a guitar with a truss rod in the neck
so that your neck wont bend if you tune back up with heavy gauge strings

it'll save you money in the long run
Quote by hightension01
and Btw

get a guitar with a truss rod in the neck
so that your neck wont bend if you tune back up with heavy gauge strings

it'll save you money in the long run

..... surely all guitars have truss rods..... or am i missing a joke here, its like 7 in the morning and im hungover.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
bahahah 7 in the morning!

IM IN AUSTRALIA MATE! G'DAY HOW THE **** ARE YA? lol its 6pm right now in aus hahaha

and thanks for the tips guys.
All of you are wrong, the LTD baritones are set up to be tuned BEADF#B. They are not designed to be tuned 'back up' to EADGBE and even up to C will put alot of strain on the neck. There is no point getting a baritone guitar unless you plan on tuning to BEADF#B or lower. At which point you may as well get a 7 string, unless you really cant handle/dont want the extra string.
You can easily get good enough tension for drop C/B on a well set up regular 25.5 scale guitar.
Last edited by Rational_Gaze at Mar 15, 2008,
Don't baritones also use a bass string or two? Don't know where I heard that.
If you think things can't get worse it's probably only because you lack sufficient imagination.
Quote by mrbagrat
Don't baritones also use a bass string or two? Don't know where I heard that.

Maybe some other funky types, but the Ltd Baritones are basically equivalent to the 6 lowest strings of a 7 string except for the 2nd string, tuned F# instead of G. No bass strings there. (but close to them)