Hey, this is a little acoustic song I wrote a while back.. It's finally recorded and I'm looking for some criticism/comments on it C4C. Just include a link in your post and I'll return the favour

(song is in my profile)
Last edited by suthy16 at Mar 15, 2008,
Thanks for the compliments on mine.

Pretty entertaining, really. I have a couple of comments:

The vocals sound like you're holding back a lot. I bet you could sound a lot better if it wasn't so "in the bedroom trying not to be too loud" sounding. I have a problem at my place with that... my apartment walls are thin, and its hard to yell on a mic without everyone in the building hearing me.

In a couple spots you sound like you're out of breath. You need to have a little more control over that... just by practicing the song a lot you can find the spots where you've gotta breathe.

The simple folk guitar is cool. I liked it. This song had a feel sort of like a mix between the Violent Femmes and something much more modern. (a touch of pop-punk?)

Good work, keep practicing those vocals.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
The quality is very nice. What mic did you use?

Anyways the acoustic guitar sounded verrrrry nice. The vocals sounded good quality too except your actual singing was a bit lacking. There were pitch problems all over the place, you run out breath many times, and you go from half-singing to barely singing at all. Just practice the song a couple times and most of these kinds of problems can be eliminated.

I would say practice the song more times through and record a better vocal track.

7/10 Very good quality dude. I can see this on an album.
i really liked the song man...kinda sounded lovedrug-ish if youve heard of them...this is the kinda song i wish i could write lol..in terms of singing i really liked ure vocals but i can see by a comment above me that you were in and out of key or whatever (i suffer with the same problem, i guess im just tone deaf) but honestly it still sounded fine...keep writing music i really enjoyed listenining
Excellent song! Sounds really good, I like the lyrics a lot.
Your voice makes it sound really cool, kind of reminds me of Death Cab a bit. And Violent Femmes, like someone else said.
Crit mine if you'd like, on my profile page.
Nicely crafted song! Well recorded; the guitar sounded great. I thought the vocals were actually perfect for this kind of song, tho there were places where you stayed a bit too monotone. The little sections where you'd sing high really made the song; you might want to try doing a bit more of that... just MHO...

Also, you might put just a smidge of reverb on the vocals; they were very dry...

Reminded me right away of Plain White T's... but I'm an old-school rocker, and don't know much about "modern" bands.

In a phrase, I dug it!

If you have a chance, check out my Rolling Stones cover...
Click here

or this original:
Original

Thanks!
All cape, no superman.
That was really cool, definitely something I would listen to on a regular basis (if there was more than one song, of course). Remind me of the Mountain Goats a lot. Keep it up!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite