When I first started out I only practiced 20 minutes every other day and it showed, but now I practice for 1-2 hours a day even if I don't feel up to it or if I'm under the weather I still practice that long and it's starting to show.

I've noticing that my site reading is a lot better, I've noticed I can pick out strings and notes on tv when some one plays music during a show and tv comercails and just lots of cool things I've been picking up like harmonic's and what not.

Very cool eh gang?
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by FreakShow99
so awesome....
Yeah it is and I think I've posted in the wrong freaking sub forum again.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
could be worse: you could have posted in the pit
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Sirwinston89 Yeah I suppose your right mate, and I would defently know about it if I did haha.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
but anyways I know the feeling, its pretty sweet
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Quote by Sirwinston89
but anyways I know the feeling, its pretty sweet
Whats really cool is that the music sheet actually has the timing done for you, So if follow along with the notes on the sheet your timing is good.

And yes I do know that you still need to practice timing no matter the situation because you may have to play a newly wright song from a band mate you know?

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Nice one man. I used to be just like that, then I realised that noone ever made it big without practising a sh!t load. I aim for at least an hour and a half a day, but i generally get about 2 and a half.
HYPOCRITE OPPORTUNIST

Quote by (For A Film)
Nice one man. I used to be just like that, then I realised that noone ever made it big without practising a sh!t load. I aim for at least an hour and a half a day, but i generally get about 2 and a half.
I'm not doing it to get famous that's a thing of the past no one can be like that anymore, I'm doing it so I can full fill my dream of playing in a Smokey bar and hatred for guitar hero and rock band.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
I spend most of my hours at home practicing, mostly cuz i enjoy it. So i get maybe 2-6 hours of practice a day, depending on how much im at work.
Quote by Arycama
I spend most of my hours at home practicing, mostly cuz i enjoy it. So i get maybe 2-6 hours of practice a day, depending on how much im at work.
Very cool and if you don't practice do you feel like you done nothing for the day besides your house hold chores?

I'm also starting to get a feel when my guitar starts getting out of tune and it feels good. And I'm also learning some wanking stuff

IT FEELS VERY GOOD.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Last edited by CortFan1 at Mar 15, 2008,
i practiced 8-9 hours a day the first week i got my guitar, then i realized i was going insane
Quote by reeseh
i practiced 8-9 hours a day the first week i got my guitar, then i realized i was going insane
Your insane anyhoo

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by TechnicolorType
People actually practice guitar?
I look at it as a hobbie and instead of practicing I "play" it.

I agree, the only time I even feel a little like I'm practicing is when I'm going through some scales, other than that its all for fun.
Last edited by Billyjson at Mar 15, 2008,
Quote by Sirwinston89
could be worse: you could have posted in the pit

very true.

but good for you, man.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Ok, have any of you ever had this happen...

I was waiting an hour for Degrassi to come on (new episode) so I decided to go play guitar to burn the time. I step out of my room what feels about five minutes, and look at the clock. I just spent the whole freaking hour in there. It happened again after Degrassi was over. I thought I was going insane since it didn't seem long at alll.

It's like, if you concetrate on how long you practice, your practice seems to take forever, but if you don't bother to notice, you just burn time away. Anyway, I agree. If you practice a lot, even for just a week or two, you see tons of improvement. That's what I really like about guitar, it's one of those few things you can see yourself getting better at.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you
Quote by Ringtone

I was waiting an hour for Degrassi to come on (new episode) so I decided to go play guitar to burn the time. I step out of my room what feels about five minutes, and look at the clock. I just spent the whole freaking hour in there. It happened again after Degrassi was over. I thought I was going insane since it didn't seem long at alll.

It's like, if you concetrate on how long you practice, your practice seems to take forever, but if you don't bother to notice, you just burn time away. Anyway, I agree. If you practice a lot, even for just a week or two, you see tons of improvement. That's what I really like about guitar, it's one of those few things you can see yourself getting better at.
Yup it does but thank god for Hulu a google tool.

Its like youtube.com

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by Ringtone

wait till 5 hours seem like 30 mins.
By my Maths, if 5 minutes = 1 hour. Then 30 minutes should = 6 hours. =P
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
be wary of practicing when you're not feeling 100%

When you're not feeling like you want to practice or when ill.. you'll begin to make rougher, grosser movements as opposed to more precise and correct movements when you're fresh.

don't try to force it out if you don't feel up to it
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82

When you're not feeling like you want to practice or when ill.. you'll begin to make rougher, grosser movements as opposed to more precise and correct movements when you're fresh.

Yeah I suppose your right, and specially I don't want to polish the guitar with recycled material hehe.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by Kivarenn82

Excellent advice. I practice about 3-4 hours a day now that I'm at college, and though I'm often very motivated because there's a lot to work on, there are some days it just doesn't go as well and I know when to pack it up - it'll save you a lot of headache. If you can't give it your all (or almost), you might end up just frustrating yourself and developing bad habits.

And if you're tired, do what I did the other day - put the guitar down, put your jazz book under your head and just take a nap in the practice room.
ive never had practice time fly by in that extreme of a way. usually when i really get into learning a certain part of a song that ive been stuck on, it makes 30 min seem like 10. but then again, i usually practice straight off the comp where there is the time in the corner of the screen.....