That test is a loada crap. When you drive you take everything in, like "Oh! Red light, stop"...."Im getting a bit close to that car infront".... Blah blah blah... youre not going to "not see" a cyclist thats right infront of you. Your brain doesnt work like that.
The Snaggle Toothed Pirate
Quote by Fight The Foo!
That test is a loada crap. When you drive you take everything in, like "Oh! Red light, stop"...."Im getting a bit close to that car infront".... Blah blah blah... youre not going to "not see" a cyclist thats right infront of you. Your brain doesnt work like that.

Um, no you don't, you can't focus on ten things at once, so if you're focusing on upcoming lights, you could easily miss a cyclist joining the road from a junction or coming off the path, and in many cases they come from behind obstructions, if you're focusing on what might be coming the other way, perhaps to work out if you should enter the obstructed space, you'd miss the cyclist coming out

I can guarantee now you can EASILY miss a cyclist, I've seen it happen a fair few times, and it's happened for me once or twice with other things since I started driving legally 2 weeks ago..

Oh and I saw the bear , I even got the pass-count right as well!

EDIT
And before anyone says it, I'd argue experienced drivers are even worse, they become confident and slowly forget the observations they're taught (not all experienced drivers obviously, but I don't want my inexperience thrown against me, technically I believe it's claimed just-passed drivers are the best they'll be immediately after their test cause they still mirror-check, signal properly etc)
Haha i laughed rly hard when i recognized the bear on the second try^^..
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
fakee1!!!!! bears cant moonwalk!!!

and why would i be looking for cyclist? if i was looking for em all the time i'd hit another car.... which needs another commercial just to tell people to watch the road and other vehicles... vicious circle anyone?
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by lexaah
fakee1!!!!! bears cant moonwalk!!!

and why would i be looking for cyclist? if i was looking for em all the time i'd hit another car.... which needs another commercial just to tell people to watch the road and other vehicles... vicious circle anyone?

I believe it means to try and remember to keep an eye out for them as well
But if you're going to ignore one of the two, what with the safety involved, I'd rather other drivers ignored cars for the sake of pedestrians and cyclists than ignored pedestrians and cyclists to keep an eye out for other cars. Especially since driving legally cars would never cause eachother problems (well in some situations there are exceptions, as always), but if people gave way where they should etc things would be fine, except obviously for stopping without using the car in front as an additional brake.

Road-users should be able to keep an eye out for cyclists, not permanently be seeking them, but to be aware of where they might be without it taking their whole attention span
Any driver who can't handle just keeping the possibility in their mind shouldn't be allowed on the roads.

I'm aware it may seem contradictory to my previous post, but I'm trying to stress we shouldn't be trying to ONLY focus on cyclists, this is just saying to be aware of places they might come out from, to remember they're about and require a decent level of attention and patience to 'deal' with (I won't lie, cyclists drive me up the wall but if I can't stop them getting in my way, I can at least ensure I'm as vigilant as possible in trying not to knock the ****ers down)

EDIT
I guess my point, and the meaning of this advert, is you must be able to split your focus, never focus entirely on one thing and instead try to remember to observe the things around you, treating every journey like a real-life Hazard Perception test (perhaps only applicable to those in the UK..) because that's what driving will always be, cars ARE weapons, don't get me wrong I like to enjoy driving, but you've got to remember there are rules and laws to protect both you and the people around you, I can't say I always stick to them, but I'd never do it if I knew it was endangering somebodies life, nor if I thought it might become that situation at any point in the near future
Last edited by tushmeister at Mar 15, 2008,
They ripped this off from a documentary about the human mind, I've seen this exact same thing twice already, it always involves you paying attention to something, like counting how many passes a team makes or something and meanwhile something out of the ordinary happens because youre not focusing at it.
Quote by tushmeister
I believe it means to try and remember to keep an eye out for them as well
But if you're going to ignore one of the two, what with the safety involved, I'd rather other drivers ignored cars for the sake of pedestrians and cyclists than ignored pedestrians and cyclists to keep an eye out for other cars. Especially since driving legally cars would never cause eachother problems (well in some situations there are exceptions, as always), but if people gave way where they should etc things would be fine, except obviously for stopping without using the car in front as an additional brake.

Road-users should be able to keep an eye out for cyclists, not permanently be seeking them, but to be aware of where they might be without it taking their whole attention span
Any driver who can't handle just keeping the possibility in their mind shouldn't be allowed on the roads.

I'm aware it may seem contradictory to my previous post, but I'm trying to stress we shouldn't be trying to ONLY focus on cyclists, this is just saying to be aware of places they might come out from, to remember they're about and require a decent level of attention and patience to 'deal' with (I won't lie, cyclists drive me up the wall but if I can't stop them getting in my way, I can at least ensure I'm as vigilant as possible in trying not to knock the ****ers down)

EDIT
I guess my point, and the meaning of this advert, is you must be able to split your focus, never focus entirely on one thing and instead try to remember to observe the things around you, treating every journey like a real-life Hazard Perception test (perhaps only applicable to those in the UK..) because that's what driving will always be, cars ARE weapons, don't get me wrong I like to enjoy driving, but you've got to remember there are rules and laws to protect both you and the people around you, I can't say I always stick to them, but I'd never do it if I knew it was endangering somebodies life, nor if I thought it might become that situation at any point in the near future

WALL OF TEXT!!!!! i read half of it... after that i got bored and thought: this guy took my post to serious. yes i know we should just be aware they could be there.
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC