i currently have an ebony epiphone g-400, a laney lx35r solid state amp and a gig bag for my SG and i am trying to figure out which of these three things i should get and hav come to faithful UG for some suggestions

the 3 things i am thinking of are:
- behringer x-vamp multi effects pedal

-hardcase for the SG

- EMG 81/85 pickups as i love to play metal

any suggestions would be appreciated

-BRYTON
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
ive heard bad things about behringer, and multi effects pedals arent really much good. (getting individual pedals are more expensive and hard to figure out but worth it imo)
if youre getting a multi effects pedal look into good ones. the cheapers ones are horrible.

a hard case for your guitar is always a good idea. (unless you dont really take it anywhere)

as for the emgs, hold off on putting them on your sg. wait untill you get a new guitar to find one that already has emgs or can handle metal and whatnot. you might change what you play and may be into jazz tomorrow so keep your guitar as it is.

id say sell your laney and get a better amp.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
yeah with the amp thing i was thinking of maybe getting a randall.. any suggestions of any good randalls.. i dont want another solid state.. ive heard the valves and tubes are alot better?

Quote by chll

valve and tubes are the same thing,( i prefer saying tube, the word valve confuses me)
a lot of reasons why people would say tube is better (louder, better sound of course etc.)
are you going to be gigging, do you play with a drummer or is this going to be just for home practice. and whats your price range? the more details you give the better chance of getting an amp more suited to what you need. any reasons you would want a randall specifically? not saying randalls are bad but there are alot of other great amps that you could get. might want to make a different thread in guitar gear and accessories about amp suggestions.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Last edited by RatmN'Roses at Mar 17, 2008,
yeah i just made one up just then.. umm nah no specific reason im open to any type at the moment.. and nah no gigging at the moment just home use at the moment price range probably around $300-$500 AUD could go higher if need be

Quote by chll

If you're not gigging or in a band yet then you should probably hold off on the tube amp. Most of them, even the low wattage ones, are way too loud for strictly home practice situations. The EMG's won't do much good, since they are really meant to drive a tube amp and usually don't sound very good on a solid state. If you are going to get a mfx pedal then look at something better, like the Boss ME-50, or even the GT-8 if you can afford it. And a hardcase is never a bad idea.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.