Morning!

I just have some questions about the Line 6 X3. I have a PODxt Live myself and I'm wondering how much better the POD X3 Live is compared. Do you have any opinion about them? I might sell my PODxt Live to get this new upgraded version of the POD's. And how is the Wah pedal on it?

If you have any experiences with one of these please tell me what you think of them. All serious replies appreciated!

Thanks!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Here's what I do with my line 6 equipment...

Quote by RazorbackDevil
This man is cool in my book. He apparently likes boobs as much as me.
Quote by cerveza
as does that one.
+1
Quote by .Will.
+100
Quote by Lamrick21
yeah ill +1 that one.

i smell a hate thread brewing!
Quote by WCS_Is_Worse1

You probably haven't even tried it, baby ...
C4C
(or in my profile!)

I've got the xtl also. I can only imagine that more is better and the x3 has more.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I've used an XT Live for years and loved it. I was looking at the X3 Live until I bought a Bugera 333 tube amp...that changed everything.

I still use my XT Live...but as an effects board only now. I don't need the amp modeling anymore (why would you with tube?) and the quality of the effects inside are just as good as their separate counterparts.

So in reality, I now have different presets for different effect combinations which is great to switch on the fly instead of dancing all over the board looking like you're playing a really retarded version of Dance Dance Revolution.

Don't throw the thing in the trash...just find the right way to use it for what you need.
Quote by WCS_Is_Worse1

A prime example of how ignorance and failure go hand-in-hand.
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
BlisteringDDj - Stick with your XTL for a little while longer. The X3L still has some issues that need to be worked out.
Quote by Guitarmiester
BlisteringDDj - Stick with your XTL for a little while longer. The X3L still has some issues that need to be worked out.

Thanks for the advice. Will do!
C4C
(or in my profile!)

One of the best features (I've heard) about the X3 is that you can connect it up to your amp using a 4 cable method, so that the modulation and time effects run through your amps effects loop, and the amp modelling/distortion/wah/OD runs through the front of your amp. So you can still use your amps natural OD/Dist with it.
I love my X3 live, but I haven't played the xt before, so I wouldn't know how much better it is. But I really do love mine.

By the way, what a 4 cable method?
Quote by thebroken
I love my X3 live, but I haven't played the xt before, so I wouldn't know how much better it is. But I really do love mine.

By the way, what a 4 cable method?

I read about it on the Line 6 site. You hook the thing up with 4 cables (Guitar->X3->Amp, and X3->FX-SEND, X3->FX-RETURN) and the unit uses the FX loop for the modulation effects.

I'm sure it would be in the manual.
It's not really worth updating unless you can get a really good deal on one. I used one for a motnh. You really aren't missing much. It's actually a really good pedal, but the XT isn't missing much other than a few amp models and some effects.