How bad does this sound to you? its the intro to ac/dc high way to hell and I know I have a lot to learn yet.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/Docpeplvr/?action=view&current=MOV00023.flv

And yes I do know my recording sucks but can't do nothing about it.

Added and edited

I've only really learned this song 3 days ago.
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Last edited by CortFan1 at Mar 15, 2008,
you obviously are new to the guitar/the song but once you speed things up it will sound good. I play it a different way, but I believe Highway to Hell is tuned down 1/2 a step. Keep practicing though, AC/DC ROCK!
You need to practice the song more! That way you will improve greatly. Try turning the gain on your amp down too.

PM me when you upload another vid! I'm sure you will get the song perfect, it will just take a bit of time.
Derp.
Thank you guys, but can you guys tell I will be a very good player in time?

And I was so nervus when I played this I made 4 boo boos when I started the a chord sweep.

and she was in time or slightly off?

Quote by dudester410
either practice the one part more, or u can practice easier things that will get you pumped for ac/dc so u can play it, play some like songs with chords like that, it helps

so my chord changes are just a little weak basically what your saying?

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
either practice the one part more, or u can practice easier things that will get you pumped for ac/dc so u can play it, play some like songs with chords like that, it helps
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
It was out of time but that is no biggie.
If you are nervous you will make mistakes (everyone does), so don't worry about it!
Derp.
Quote by .Will.
It was out of time but that is no biggie.
If you are nervous you will make mistakes (everyone does), so don't worry about it!
Ok but how can I stop being nervous when I do video recording so you guys can actually see that my playing not this bad?

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
wrong forum - but in a word, atrocious. That's not a bad thing though, EVERYBODY absolutely sucks when they first pick up a guitar and for a good few months at the start.

One thing, the tone is terrible, if that's your "perfect AC/DC tone" you're miles off, way too much distorton. Ditch the RP150, plug straight into the amp and use the crunch channel with medium gain.

You need to work on the accuracy of your chord changes and also your timing. Best thing to do for that is forget songs for a while and simply do some basic open chord exercises over different rhythms. That'll build finger strength and help you co-ordinate your hands.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It's a good idea to turn your gain down. In fact, learn it on clean so you hear your mistakes, then roll up the gain once it sounds better.

EDIT: And it kinda sounds like you've scooped your mids.. that's not correct for AC/DC.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
It's a good idea to turn your gain down. In fact, learn it on clean so you hear your mistakes, then roll up the gain once it sounds better.

EDIT: And it kinda sounds like you've scooped your mids.. that's not correct for AC/DC.
What do you mean scooped my mids?

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Quote by stradivari310

Excellent advice.

Scooping mid's is where you turn down your mid setting to almost nothing.
Derp.
Quote by CortFan1
What do you mean scooped my mids?

I may be wrong, but it sounds to me like you have the mids on your EQ (pedal or amp) turned down lower than the treble and bass. If that's the case, turn them up. Lots.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by stradivari310
I may be wrong, but it sounds to me like you have the mids on your EQ (pedal or amp) turned down lower than the treble and bass. If that's the case, turn them up. Lots.
Your right I've done that thats so cool you guys can tell from one little video.

Man I envoy you guys.
'
By the way what settings would you recommend?

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
As said by Angus Young: "I just crank up a little bit of bass and put a little bit of middle in. If its too bassy, Ill cut it back. Usually, all the controls are set about halfway, never full up. A lot of people think it sounds best when you drive the amps to death, but I never do it that way."

Right from the horses mouth, so to speak.
Derp.
Quote by CortFan1
Your right I've done that thats so cool you guys can tell from one little video.

Man I envoy you guys.
'
By the way what settings would you recommend?

Every amp is different, and really EQ settings tend to be different between amps and the people using them. Try all of them at 12:00 first , then tweak them a little at a time. Soon enough you'll be able to hear the difference.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

thank you guys. I'll play with the setytings and see what I come up with.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
No offense, but with that much gain it sounded like a piece of ****. Turn it down, I can't recognize the song at all...
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
it's really bad man. try to be able to change chords quicker, you can hear excess string noise when you switch
No problem guys I've done what everyone suggested and I'll try again next weekend that should be enough time for me to really nail my chords.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.