Im thinking of getting 81,85 emgs on my epiphone les paul standard. Is it worth it to get emgs on it or just save 900 bucks and get the LTD EC-1000? And how will the emgs sound on my les paul? I want like a nice metal sound.
you like zakk wyldes guitar sound? he uses them on every les paul he got.
Amp?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
It may be worth it, but you'll have to replace all of the electronics, and add a battery input.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
It's great for metal and decent for cleans but has no feel for blues. If you don't know a lot about it have someone else that does install them for you. When I got mine installed in my Epi the balance between the neck and bridge was crap. the neck overpowered the bridge.
zakk wylde uses les paul customs with EMG's. but they should have a good effect on a standard
I think you should save up for the EC1000, this way you can have an arnesal of sounds. I regret everyday thay my only electric has actives so I cant play clean.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by Ir8sob
It's great for metal and decent for cleans but has no feel for blues. If you don't know a lot about it have someone else that does install them for you. When I got mine installed in my Epi the balance between the neck and bridge was crap. the neck overpowered the bridge.

so i could probably just go to my local guitar shop and get some1 to install them?
Quote by otherkid
I think you should save up for the EC1000, this way you can have an arnesal of sounds. I regret everyday thay my only electric has actives so I cant play clean.

The EMG 85/60 can have good cleans... depends on the amp.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Dragos1234
so i could probably just go to my local guitar shop and get some1 to install them?

yeah and they should be pretty reasonable about it. If you don't have the pu's already just get the ZW set it has all the pots and wiring for the install. You may want to look into getting another guitar with passives or go the other route you were talking about also because as previously stated the EMG's sound great for metal but not very versatile at all.
I put a set of the 81/85s in my LP took em back out. They were just to much and had to much bass for my taste with the all mahogany body and neck. ZW likes maple necks so gets a brighter sound. They were great as long as all I was going to play was heavy metal. But since I play other stuff they werent very useful most of the time. They seem to be the big fad right now and everybody needs a set.