Maybe i am a bit late with this, but has anyone else seen this?

http://www.gibson.com/robotguitar/index.html

To me it looks like a big gimmick.
I feel that in creating a guitar that you don't have to tune, it is taking away some of the experience of playing guitar.

I know you can create preset tunings and it would be alot easier, but i just really don't like this idea.

What are everyone elses views on this?
Derp.
you are REALLY late.
I like it....I'm getting bored of re-tuning my guitar when I need it xD
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I agree with .Will. - I think tuning the guitar is a whole skill needed to actually call yourself a real player. When you start using a machine to just select your tunings you're not really playing anymore.
yeah you are a little late....but i still think its genius. you can change tunings during live performance on the fly, and you dont have to bring different guitars for different tunings
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
You're as late as my mother when I ask her to pick me up from school.

Although it's a good idea, I think most guitarists can live without it.

I think that a better idea than a self-tuning guitar would be a guitar that stays in tune.
Quote by .Will.
Yeah you are, the search found no threads.

I'm fighting the urge to call you stupid right now. That's what came up for "Gibson Robot".
Hmm, I would rather just install a self-tuning system on my existing guitar rather than buying an overpriced Studio with a 'futuristic' finish.
Quote by ketiov

I'm fighting the urge to call you stupid right now. That's what came up for "Gibson Robot".

Fair enough, my bad!

Call me stupid now.
Derp.
Quote by ketiov

Wow, ketiov that was by far the most excruciatingly brutal smack down I have ever witnessed.
it just looks awesome..i wanna try it so bad.

i believe when i go to guitar center, they keep them in the back. and i know they're expensive as hell.

anyone know how much??
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by talia.
it just looks awesome..i wanna try it so bad.

i believe when i go to guitar center, they keep them in the back. and i know they're expensive as hell.

anyone know how much??

~$2k
Quote by CrazyDavey
I agree with .Will. - I think tuning the guitar is a whole skill needed to actually call yourself a real player. When you start using a machine to just select your tunings you're not really playing anymore.

yeah keyboard players are like 'im so fake all i have to do is just turn on my electrical instrument. might as well just lipsync on keys

you can buy the tuning system for £500..or 3k for this monster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98I808GSGQk
Quote by CrazyDavey

-1....tuneing a guitar by ear may be a skill all by itself, but there are tons of profesional musicians who use tuners to tune their guitars, expecialy on stage during a gig, that doesn't mean they're 'not realy playing', it just means there playing a guitar that wasn't tuned by ear...and the Robot LP has the same concept, a quick tune, no hastle, just pick it up and play, and it can make giging far easier since you wouldn't have to stop and tune, I dont see anything wrong with it, if I had the money I'd get one for sure.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
IMO 2k for that isnt really too overpriced.

hell, those idiots want $2,299 for a reverse V, HAHAHAHAHA i mean comon.

i wouldnt buy one...but I can see how it would be kind of cool.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
well, its practical if you play multiple tunings. but fo r just ordinary tuning up, its useless.
its a cool idea, but i would never buy one.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke