Hello all!

So last X-mas i got a guitar as a gift from my sister.
And i wanted a guitar because my friends at the Uni. im going to atm play guitar and they inspired me. All of them play electric guitars, so i thought id be different and go for the bass :P
Now a friend of mine told me i had good bass fingers, and a guy at the school wanted to sell his mini-bass for 180€. so as soon as i get the money im going to buy it.

So to my question, what can i do on an aucustic guitar to improve my bass playing. So i have something to practice on til i get the guitar.
practice alot of rhythm and get use to moving your fingers all over the place as you probably won't just be playing root notes
Also, try playing with you're "pointer" and "f-you" finger when you pick, cuz most bass players play with they're fingers instead of picks, although alot play with picks too....so my post really doesn't say anything relevant....hope it helps
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
finger pickin and more finger pickin then incorporate chicken pickin nah jus practice finger pickin
Quote by Thomme
Fella's, arguing like this on the internet is like the special olympics.

My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX1
Ibanez GRX20Z
Boss - MT2
Boss- DS1
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah
Strings - Ernie Ball12's
Amp- Behringer V-Tone
Amp- Line6 Spider 3 75w
learn the notes on the fretboard for the GDAE strings because they are the same on guitar and bass then you will have mastered the bass
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by aradine
learn the notes on the fretboard for the GDAE strings because they are the same on guitar and bass then you will have mastered the bass

No, you will not have mastered the bass at all.

TS: make sure you can hold down a solid rhythm, work on some walking lines and translate some bass tabs onto the guitar. Get used to using multiple fingers, picking and slapping (though slapping should come later, probably when you have the actual bass.)
Hey question here, i didnt want to start a new topic so..
With my playing technique, i finger pick the strings like usual, but when i do it, my fingers hit the thicker strings, but it stays there for a nano second thus muting it so it doesnt even make a sound really at all. Its like im breifly resting my fingers on the lower strings.. Im sorry if its hard to explain because it is.. Just wondering if thats right, because i dont plan on getting any lessons, i want to be a self taught player..
can u really use guitar to teach bass. im new and it might be just me but it seems like playing bass would be ideal to learning bass rather than using guitar to get better at bass...
Quote by 333OnlyHalfEvil
can u really use guitar to teach bass. im new and it might be just me but it seems like playing bass would be ideal to learning bass rather than using guitar to get better at bass...

playing bass is much better... but if you can't get a bass guitar right away you can do some of the recommended things above to get a head start, so to speak.