So I have two questions regarding concerts.

1. About how long would a Dimmu Borgir + Behemoth concert last?

2. How early should I get there before it starts if I want front row? Or can I just shove my way up there during the concert?

Thanks.
If you want a good chance to grab a tour tee before the gig starts and still get a good chance of being around the front, go around 1hr 30mins before the gig.
"Even though I've found God, I still love blow jobs, and I still say fuck." - Dave Mustaine

You know, when you, like, you grab a woman's breast and it's... and you feel it and... it feels like a bag of sand when you're touching it.
You don't need to get there too early in my experience, it really depends how big the venue is and how many people are there. I would think it would last maybe around 2 and a half 3 hours. In my experience I can usually get to the front at any time during most shows.
same as a normal concert probably??

you can either get there reaaaally early and guarantee a front space or you could push your way through as people move around between sets/songs. or just crowdsurf and twist a lot so people drop you near the front.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
both bands will play roughly an hour and a half long, when ive seen them they have anyway
I also have a question. Is it cool to wear a t-shirt of the band you're going to see? On the one hand, it shows that you really support the band you're going to see, but on the other hand, you may look like a dweeb.

As for pushing your way to the front, I say it's less of a bitch move if you just go early. Other people go early, and it's not really fair to them if you just smack your way past them after they have waited all day.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
SHOVE
and they just don't seem to last long enough
every show should be like a damn slayer show...
hours and hours of non stop metal
Quote by sSyLc
I also have a question. Is it cool to wear a t-shirt of the band you're going to see? On the one hand, it shows that you really support the band you're going to see, but on the other hand, you may look like a dweeb.

As for pushing your way to the front, I say it's less of a bitch move if you just go early. Other people go early, and it's not really fair to them if you just smack your way past them after they have waited all day.

Don't wear the shirt of the band you're seeing. Also NEVER EVER buy a shirt of the band you're seeing and then put it on over your shirt that you already have on. Pushing through is fine, it's not like it will really affect somebody else's position that much. Just if somebody doesn't want to move then don't try to make them move.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Don't wear the shirt of the band you're seeing. Also NEVER EVER buy a shirt of the band you're seeing and then put it on over your shirt that you already have on. Pushing through is fine, it's not like it will really affect somebody else's position that much. Just if somebody doesn't want to move then don't try to make them move.

Why not?
Quote by sSyLc

You think too much

And people trying to push past you at a show is one of the single most ****ing annoying things i've encountered

People who do it are twats

Quote by StreetLight3989

Do you have some list of holy show commandments that I haven't seen?
Quote by GiantRaven
You think too much

And people trying to push past you at a show is one of the single most ****ing annoying things i've encountered

People who do it are twats

No, it's just kind of annoying looking when people put shirts over shirts, but it's fine. I'm sorry if I sound all pretentious. I guess pushing is annoying, the only time I really do it is if I'm trying to look for a place to dance or skank and if I'm trying to find my friends, I always tap somebody on the shoulder first though.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Mar 15, 2008,
Quote by StreetLight3989
No, it's just kind of annoying looking when people put shirts over shirts. I'm sorry if I sound all pretentious.

Well its easier to wear it than carry it around all night and risk losing it
Quote by GiantRaven
Well its easier to wear it than carry it around all night and risk losing it

True, I usually will buy it after the show, seems easier.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Mar 15, 2008,
Quote by GiantRaven
You think too much

Ah the curse of a great mind.

Thanks for answering, Streelight.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
you can shove your way easy. I have done as such.

BUT, Behemoth will play for ****ing ever, and play about 17 encores. I swear, when i saw them they must have played their entire catalogue
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by StreetLight3989
True, I usually will buy it after the show there, seems easier.

Yeah same

Quote by sSyLc
Ah the curse of a great mind.

Not particularly...

I mean seriously...why would you put so much thought into what you are going to wear? Noone will care...
Quote by GiantRaven
I mean seriously...why would you put so much thought into what you are going to wear? Noone will care...

I care how people see me, just like I care how people look. That show will probably the only interaction I will ever have with a large number of people, and I want to make the most of it for everyone. I don't want people to go to a concert where they'll be like "Wow, this guy standing right next to us smells like raunchy balls." Just like I don't want people to go to a concert where they're like "Who honestly wears that kind of ****?" Oh, and way to get my joke, btw.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
I care how people see me, just like I care how people look. That show will probably the only interaction I will ever have with a large number of people, and I want to make the most of it for everyone. I don't want people to go to a concert where they'll be like "Wow, this guy standing right next to us smells like raunchy balls." Just like I don't want people to go to a concert where they're like "Who honestly wears that kind of ****?" Oh, and way to get my joke, btw.

Trust me, they aren't noticing you either way
Quote by sSyLc

Haha, everyone smells like raunchy balls at most shows. It's a tightly packed space with many sweaty hot people, some smoking cigarettes.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by GiantRaven
Trust me, they aren't noticing you either way

I don't trust you, and I notice them.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Haha, everyone smells like raunchy balls at most shows. It's a tightly packed space with many sweaty hot people, some smoking cigarettes.

No smoking by-law in my city. Anyways, just because you're going to sweat, it doesn't mean you don't need to shower before going out.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
I don't trust you, and I notice them.

No smoking by-law in my city. Anyways, just because you're going to sweat, it doesn't mean you don't need to shower before going out.

I always shower before going to a show and end up smelling like complete balls after the show.
And you would smell worse if you didn't shower before. If everyone does their part, then everyone can go home that much happier.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by GiantRaven

i do! http://daddys.com/blog/?p=69

it was originally on buddyhead but i can't find the article, so that will have to do.

you can thank me later ¬_¬
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
It's a question of valuing social norms. You tell people a lot about yourself by what you wear. Like I said, it may be the only impression you ever make of yourself.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
It's a question of valuing social norms. You tell people a lot about yourself by what you wear. Like I said, it may be the only impression you ever make of yourself.

If people are going to judge me based on the fact i'm wearing a t-shirt of the band playing I really wouldn't want to be associated with them anyway seeing as they're obviously ****ing stupid.
Quote by GiantRaven
I really don't get why people seem so pissy about what other people wear to shows...

That problem would be completely gone if everyone just wore nothing to shows .
Quote by GiantRaven
If people are going to judge me based on the fact i'm wearing a t-shirt of the band playing I really wouldn't want to be associated with them anyway seeing as they're obviously ****ing stupid.

Well they'll probably feel the same way about you.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by GiantRaven
I really don't get why people seem so pissy about what other people wear to shows...

i don't think its a case of being pissy, more thinking that people look stupid. perfectly valid.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.