Ok, so the quality isn't the best, and I wasn't able to crank it, but you get a general idea of some of the sweet tones this thing has.

The amp is a new Sound City SC50H, from the mark 6 range. It was a steal at £300 new. Such fantastic tone and value. Cab is a 1x12 Marshall with a Celestion G12T-75

Using my Les Paul Studio, neck pickup. All on the dirty channel just using dynamics and volume control to switch between clean and dirty tone. I kick in the fuzz factory for the solo, to get that lovely ultra-compressed wall of sound wah used at the end is a Morely Bad Horsie II.

Its set as follows: Gain 9, Treble 3, Mids full on, Bass 12, Reverb 10. (all settings are o'clock)

Any questions about what this amp can do, just ask!

EDIT: Forgot to say the clip is in my profile
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Last edited by Inspired_by_Vai at Mar 15, 2008,
I was wondering when someone was going to buy one of these. I know they recently resurfaced after going bust years ago but they used to be up there with HiWatts as far as reputation went.

The amp sounds great, as does your playing. Congrats.
P.S. I hear that each of the new models of amp is voiced differently, rather than just being louder versions. Should be interesting, hopefully more people will get them to compare.
Quote by greggybhoy
I was wondering when someone was going to buy one of these. I know they recently resurfaced after going bust years ago but they used to be up there with HiWatts as far as reputation went.

The amp sounds great, as does your playing. Congrats.
P.S. I hear that each of the new models of amp is voiced differently, rather than just being louder versions. Should be interesting, hopefully more people will get them to compare.

And yeah, the head and 30 watt combo have 6l6s and the other combos all have el34s. The speakers are poor in the combos though, and would most likely need switching.
Didn't exactly show off the amp's tone too much, but I quite liked the song, what is it?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Didn't exactly show off the amp's tone too much, but I quite liked the song, what is it?

It was this backing track: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=E_TqpNIjorE

Song was entirely ad-libbed.

And yeah, I unfortunately don't really have any decent means of recording but I'll try and borrow a decent mic at some point to show the REAL tone off, this is just a general idea of *some* of what it can do
Ah rite, nice improvising then! That's what I need to start doin more, any tips?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Ah rite, nice improvising then! That's what I need to start doin more, any tips?

I guess the best way to improve is to work on it! Get as many backing tracks as you can find (youtube is great for this) and just jam over them

Also, try and really think about themes and melody. That's what I was told a while back, and it's really helped me to structure songs just from improvising.