anyone got any idea what i should get if i want a guitar, preferably with a whammy, but it has to have good sustain and not be too expensive, also, i want something that plays hella fast, thnx
Actual price range other than not too expensive? For some people, $200 is a lot of money, while for others $700 is like pocket change. Also, any specific pickup configuration?

But, with what you have said so far, I'm leaning towards Ibanez.
It's the player that plays fast, the fast guitar will just compliment your skill.

check out your screen names sig guitar lol
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
yeah, Ibanez are built for shredding. but it would help everyone out TS if you were to post some specific information like what equipment you have now, your price range, and what kind of music you plan to be playing on your new guitar.
Quote by tr3nt
It's the player that plays fast, the fast guitar will just compliment your skill.

check out your screen names sig guitar lol

Synyster gates sucks.

Look at some Ibanez RGs and the S series.
Quote by hisjap2003
yeah, Ibanez are built for shredding. but it would help everyone out TS if you were to post some specific information like what equipment you have now, your price range, and what kind of music you plan to be playing on your new guitar.

Listen to what this dude says!!! Ibanez's tend to not be incredibly expensive, and they are perfect for shredding, metal, or heavy rock as well.
Quote by webbtje
Synyster gates sucks.

Look at some Ibanez RGs and the S series.

I think hes talented..

Ibanez's, although I don't like the Edge trems.
Schecters
Jacksons
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by tr3nt
I think hes talented..

Ibanez's, although I don't like the Edge trems.
Schecters
Jacksons

A. There's a difference between recognizing the Edge 3 is a piece of crap and slagging off the whole range of Ibanez LFRs, as most of them are as good, if not better than OFRs.

B. Schecter necks are built like logs of wood. Someone learning to shred should not play a Schecter, as thick necks = not easy to play quickly on.

Jacksons are fine, but watch their low-end LFRs.
Quote by webbtje
A. There's a difference between recognizing the Edge 3 is a piece of crap and slagging off the whole range of Ibanez LFRs, as most of them are as good, if not better than OFRs.

B. Schecter necks are built like logs of wood. Someone learning to shred should not play a Schecter, as thick necks = not easy to play quickly on.

I guess, I have never played a high end Ibanez though, apologies.

ok so for the people who want to know, i consider expensive over 700, and also my current guitar is a schecter omen 6 diamond series it is great for metal and hard rock, but im looking for something with a more faster neck, i seem to get trapped a lot, would a dean, jackson, or ibanez be better for my situation?
Quote by sygnates21
ok so for the people who want to know, i consider expensive over 700, and also my current guitar is a schecter omen 6 diamond series it is great for metal and hard rock, but im looking for something with a more faster neck, i seem to get trapped a lot, would a dean, jackson, or ibanez be better for my situation?

Ibanez
so which would be better ive narrowed it down to a jackson kelly with a lfr and an ibanez xiphos with an edge III
Quote by sygnates21
so which would be better ive narrowed it down to a jackson kelly with a lfr and an ibanez xiphos with an edge III

Neither. Crap bridges.

Don't get a guitar purely for what it looks, because that's what it seems you're doing at the moment.

Try some out. I recommend an Ibanez S of some description, unique floating bridge which is as good quality as an OFR. Fast neck, light, so long as you don't mind 22 frets and a possible future pickup change, it's perfect.
Quote by webbtje

A. alright

B. Schecter necks are big, but that doesn't make them worse than Ibanez necks. I have a cheap ibanez, but I've tried a lot of the prestige ones and I hated their necks. It's all down to preference. Some people like a big neck, even for shred.

Jeff Loomis shreds on a 7 STRING SCHECTER. Can you imagine how much NECK that is?

Pro-series Jacksons, like the RR3, have very good trems at a fair price.
Quote by sashki

Jeff Loomis shreds on a 7 STRING SCHECTER. Can you imagine how much NECK that is?

Yeah, count how insanely awesome he was before he was paid a whole lotta money to play that. You'll also notice how his neck isn't a normal Schecter neck. You'll also notice how he's not the only person in the world to shred on a 7 string, and the amount of 7 string shredders who do so on thin necks. Ever wondered why?
Since you want a fast guitar, get a guitar with wheels.

I'm jk, but you can make any guitar fast, by the way.

Well for something with a "fast" neck, I suggest an Ibanez, like everybody else has here. The people that play fast tend to use Ibanez, so I recommend that.
k but which one its al so confusing and im on a budget for 700 dollars, i need something that has like a really quick neck, would xiphos be good?, and i was also wondering how you play a guitar like a v or a rhandy rhoads because every time i go into the store and play one i feel like an idiot