I'm talking about AIDS, global warming (you naysayers can just pretend it's real), poverty, world hunger, etc.

Would you say these things 'move' you? Why or why not?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
I'm talking about AIDS, global warming (you naysayers can just pretend it's real), poverty, world hunger, etc.

Would you say these things 'move' you? Why or why not?

Yes, of course they do.

Couldn't say why. It just irks me when people only look after their own little world at the expense of the wider world. *cough* USA at Kyoto *cough*
As cruel as it sounds it doesn't tend to affect me. I think, maybe even subconsciously, I would rather be concerned with my own life first. I'm not saying what's happening in the world isn't a tragedy, just that I find it hard to relate to it all.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Yeah, but mostly because I've seen some of the consequences..
Although this sounds cold-hearted and sick, I don't really care if it doesnt directly affect me.
Gear:

Guitars

Ibanez RG350MDX
Yamaha Pacifica

Amps

Random crappy kickstart amp.
Marshall MG15DFX.
Vox AD15VT-XL.

FX/pedals

Zoom G7.1ut
Metal Zone MT-2
Weeping Demon
Quote by guitarman341
Although this sounds cold-hearted and sick, I don't really care if it doesnt directly affect me.

That's completely fine. Nobody should expect you to put anything before yourself.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I'm not characterized by it, but I of course think about it, and sometimes discuss it with other people.
Yes, they move me...from my TV to my computer!! HA. I have no life.

They do anger me a bit though. Actually, quite a bit. Poverty is most annoying...or angering I should say.
Of course it does. People say it doesn't affect them now. But if we continue to allow these problems to get out of hand, it WILL indefinitely affect them. I could give many examples of history where people just did not care about certain issues. Then the issues continued to grow and people just simply paid for their arrogance.
Yes actually quite alot.

I wish really bad things happening around the world effected other people more, because then we might be able to do something about them.
Quote by guitarman341

Actually, all those issues will effect you sooner or later in some way.

The west is not safe from any of those issues.

We have a "poverty line" too
Quote by freedoms_stain
Does depress and frustrate count as "move"?

because that's how I feel about it.

you and me both
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
'Nine out of ten people actually enjoy gang rape.'
I am not concerned about AIDs, poverty, hunger, etc. You will find, that the root of EVERY problem on Earth is overpopulation. And besides, AIDs is unique to everyone based on their DNA, so there is no possible way to make an effective cure. Hell, there already is one, new and improved, state of the art, STOP HAVING SEX

I am however, extremely concerned about global warming and other ecological issues. AIDs, poverty, hunger, murder, terrorism, etc, don't affect 100 PERCENT of the population like ecological issues do. Humans break their ties with nature and you can kiss the whole race goodbye.
I would have said no, but just this Thursday, I saw Al Gore's presentation of Global Warming(see what I did there?) and that guy really proved a point. Seriously. Download it from a torrent or somewhere and take a look. Devastating stuff.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by BloodMoon666
I would have said no, but just this Thursday, I saw Al Gore's presentation of Global Warming(see what I did there?) and that guy really proved a point. Seriously. Download it from a torrent or somewhere and take a look. Devastating stuff.

No kidding, global warming is by far the biggest problem on this planet right now, when the Atlantic Ocean is in Indiana and the Gulf of Mexico is in Georgia, I think people will begin to realize how ****ing stupid we were for thinking that terrorism, poverty, hunger, etc, were important at all. If humans don't start doing something right NOW, we are going to face unimaginable problems in the future. ****, who cares about 9/11 when the whole goddamn city will be submerged in water.
i try to have as little negative impact on the world as i can, so yes they do move me

we do need to come up with an actual agreement that our stubborn ass country will participate in regarding global warming
Yeah, I'm an American that works along the west African coast. I've seen some things here that would make you cringe, only to travel back home to civilization. Global warming is real evident here. Google Lake Chad and you will be shocked at how much of that huge body of water has simply disappeared. http://archives.cnn.com/2001/TECH/science/02/27/shrinking.lakechad/index.html
Conflict diamonds fuelled wars here in the late 80s, to mid 90s. I just watched an interesting movie on that: http://blooddiamondmovie.warnerbros.com/ and researched it some more. Global warming is real. I think China, U.S., India, and Russian need to come together more on this issue.