Last night I came to a sad realization. Misery is my normal state of being. It is comfortable, it is usual, and it is what I will inevitably come back to. I have a tendency, most would say a fault, to fall hard and fall fast. When I am in a relationship, I am obsessed. I am crazy in love, I intend forever. I do not have the capability to maintain anything resembling casual. I suppose it is natural that this tends to scare people. Commitment scares people. It does not scare me. The realization that I had was that I hold on so hard and so desperately because I know that it will not last. I enjoy every minute as much and as deeply as I can, because I do not know how long it will last, but I do know that it will not be forever. Because being happy is not normal, not for me. Heartbreak and pain are what I do best, and most often. I honestly feel that there is nothing more important in this life then to find someone to spend it with. One of my favorite singers articulated that "these stories don't mean anything when you've got no one to tell them to." I do not think that anyting could be more true. If you don't share your life with anyone, then how can it possibly matter? Love is the most horrible, messy, beautiful, amazing, burning, passionate experience anyone can have. There is nothing that matters more than filling the sharp, piercing ache of loneliness in your chest. I will break this heart into smaller and smaller pieces ad infinitum until I find a love that will last or until I waste away. Why? Because I honestly believe that it's what we are made for.

(thanks for reading )
bennyyyyyyyy!

this is full of your usual beauty, but although this is a kind of sad beauty, it's also happy and comforting and lovely and wonderful. does this make sense?

i love the bit "One of my favorite singers articulated that "these stories don't mean anything when you've got no one to tell them to." "

i like the part about breaking your heart up and up and up and up until the pieces are infinite

i like it ALL
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Just real quick impression, so take it for what its worth.

If you're trying to make some sort of profound statement about love, you missed imo. In trying to make the tone conversational, you allowed for it become kind of awkward. It reminds me of when we had to write monologues in Drama class in high school...its hard to make something like this work. You also aren't articulating your thoughts in a unique way, and everyone writes about love. You are using the same adjectives in the same way that everyone else does. If you decided to try again, I'd rework your approach to it. Make it a little deeper then what you have here.

Sorry to be negative, I'm just trying to be helpful. I'm sure there is emotion behind the writing, but I think you could make it much better.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by roamingbard13

you allowed for it become kind of awkward. It reminds me of when we had to write monologues in Drama class in high school...its hard to make something like this work. You also aren't articulating your thoughts in a unique way, and everyone writes about love. You are using the same adjectives in the same way that everyone else does.

this was the precise intention. thanks for reading anyway, i really appreciate your feedback.

and to jallas: lets talk sometime! thanks for your feedback as well! i miss ya.
Ben.

Solid if unspectacular. You got the feeling across very well through your consistent tone of voice and use of cliche. Whilst some phrases ("I intend forever") I feel didn't suit the piece, generally your wording was good.

Everything at the end from "Love is..." was great. Simple but effective. It's good, because too many people (especially on UG) I find are too scared to just, well, not beat around the bush. It's refreshing.

So, yes. I don't get the relationship with title though.

Jamie