ive been playing for 9 months and im learning MOP and im trying to learn the part where its like

-----------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----2-----3-----4-----3-----2-2-----2-----3------5\4---5\4---5\4---|
|-0-1---0-1---0-1---0-1---0-1-----0-1---0-1---0-0--3\2-0-3\2-0-3\2---|

i can keep up with like the 1st two bars but than i lose stamina and ugggh
-----------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----2-----3-----4-----3-----2-2-----2-----3------5\4---5\4---5\4---|
|-0-1---0-1---0-1---0-1---0-1-----0-1---0-1---0-0--3\2-0-3\2-0-3\2---|
You need to practise more.That's the only solution if you wanna get stamina.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
I used to downpick it then later I found I honestly rather just alt pick that song. It really doesn't sound all that much different but all downs def does have more bite to the sound.
maybe practice easier metallica songs? try to increase your downstroke speed first
MY GEAR!
Fender Starcaster
Epiphone SG Custom Shop LE
Vox AD15VT
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell

Kirk Hammett = my half filipino metal idol :P
Quote by ineedrock1204
maybe practice easier metallica songs? try to increase your downstroke speed first

i thought mop was easy... im sad that i've been playing for 9 months and still can't play it
9 months isn't very long, I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to play that riff after such a short time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Acquiescence
i thought mop was easy... im sad that i've been playing for 9 months and still can't play it

I can't keep up with it after playing three years.....I'm just a little bit behind downpicking on guitar and fingerpicking on bass....The power chords always throw me off on guitar......Pick a scale and downpick through it (with a metronome of course) until your forearm starts to burn a little then take a break. Keep this up and make sure to gradually speed up the metronome until you get the desired speed for however long you want to play it.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Slow the riff down, don't practice it on full speed. Be able to play it cleanly before you use distortion too, and speed it up.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.