I mean to the specifics of the instrument, like information about pickups, which ones sound better or worse to certain types of music; about bridges, woods, etc

I find it difficult to keep updated with new releases and stuff and I was wondering what do you guys do, if you guys buy magazines or rather visit some sites for that, anything.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened

that might be the worst place to go for any sort of information on anything. i would recomend going to the website of the guitar brand, ie fender or gibson, will tell you exactly what pickups are on it, type of paint, etc.... also check out reviews on musiciansfriend.com and you will hear actuall reviews of the product from people like you and me
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS