I have two guitars, one has a floyd, the other doesn't. To be honest I find the cheaper one without a floyd to be easier to play on but simply put it doesn't stay in tune and I've even gone as far as to making the slots bigger on the crappy plastic nut it came with. I've also tried nut sauce as well.

It's a Ibanez GSA60 and its white with a standard bridge. I can keep intonation, and typically not go to far out of tuning but 3 of the six strings, like the low e, g and b string just go crazy flat or sharp. I've heard of locking tuners and new nuts like graph tech but I don't truly know how to see if there compatible with my current guitar. Anyone have any ideas? I'm not sure what to replace on it or what would make the biggest difference, i use the whammy alot so i've heard sometimes a new nut helps.
if you use the whammy a lot and it doesnt have a floyd, its bound to go out of tune
Im not sure about the equipment part, but i know that if the guitars easier to play i would assume your talking more about the action and the one thats easier to play probably has low action. if this is the case then no matter what you do the guitar is going to go out of tune cuz there is to much slack in the string making it easier, but that slack correlates completely with tone and tuning so if this is the problem then you just need to get used to the other guitar. If this is not the problem and it is the things you mentioned then yes they are compatible. If im not mistaken I think the majority of stuff aside for bridges are universal. Since your guitar has a whammy and the one that goes out of tune doesn't have a floyd i think that could also be your problem. Look into a locking tremolo bridge. Whatever you feel applies fix ive never played nor seen your guitar so i can only lend a crap load of options. Let a pro do the nut though you don't want to screw the guitar up. Truthfully thats why I hate cheap guitars bad action, bad tonality, and bad tuning. i had a squier and it went out of tune a lot. I think it was because of the bridge, but it didnt have any of the stuff meant to maintain tuning so thats pure speculation. I know most people tend to blame the bridge though cuz it can move when the strings get tight
right.if you use the trem a lot, 1, for short term use before a graphteck nut can be purchase, get a pencil and a file, rub like s*ite until you have a lot of graphite dust, and mix it with a small amount of vaseline.
secondly, get locking tuners!gotohs are good, but huge amounts dont have to be dished out for them. these ones are quite recommended.
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82
Thanks for the info! Yea I have that Big bends nut sauce stuff I've tried and simply put it works only sometimes. As far as the tuners go, will it be easy to install and how am I to know what size will fit the guitar? There 6 in line.
take it to a shop and they will help you, theyll tell you what ones to get, and if theyre 6 in a line those wilkinson ones will work on a stock strat, oh and theyre very easy to mount, if the holes are in a different place, then just move the holes, theyll be covered by the rest of the machinehead anyway
Quote by chs170
Quote by Carl6661
Quote by chs170
Wow.

This is deep
Was the pun intended?
Actually no

E-married to Nikki82