Page 1 of 3
I don't about you guys, but pretty much all the Indie kids who live near me use the word 'rave' out of context. The definition of rave from Wikipedia-

"The term in use since the 1980s for dance parties (often all-night events) where DJs and other performers play electronic dance music. Rave parties are often associated with the use of "club drugs" such as ecstasy, LSD, amphetamines and, more recently, ketamine and 2C-B."

Indie Kids don't listen to rave, they listen to 'nu-rave', which is basically Indie (The Klaxons, that kind of crap). The don't last all night, they don't do drugs. I wish people will stop using this word out of context, they don't even know what a rave is. Dancing and being drunk off a single bottle of WKD is not raving.

Is it just round my area, or does this piss anyone else off?
Yea, we actually have proper full-on raves round my place, a nd all the scene kids go to a "Rave" where they sit down and talk about Elliot Minor until 9pm, before they have to go home because it's getting late.

/rant

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I hate the 'nu-rave' thing and people saying like "yeah we're gonna go and have a rave" which is actually them dancing to 'indie' music.

When in actual fact NU-RAVE IS NOT RAVE ARRRGHHHH.

It really gets on my nerves, just because a band has a ****ing synth doesn't make it rave.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Apparantly the Klaxons called themselves 'nu-rave' once, as a joke, and then a load of fans took it seriously and started that subgenre.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Yep, we get it. Pisses me right off I must say. However, the definition of 'rave' the people round here use is one of standing in someone's living room playing crap dance music through a Line 6 Spider II.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I hate the 'nu-rave' thing and people saying like "yeah we're gonna go and have a rave" which is actually them dancing to 'indie' music.

It really gets on my nerves, just because a band has a ****ing synth doesn't make it rave.

But New Young Pony Club have a synth player and they're soooooooooooooo rave.
Quote by Ed Hunter
Yep, we get it. Pisses me right off I must say. However, the definition of 'rave' the people round here use is one of standing in someone's living room playing crap dance music through a Line 6 Spider II.

To be fair that was still an awesome party. Rowarth was amazingly destructive, Tom called Alex a f*cking fat sh*t and so on.
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
we have and abandonded warheouse for the massive ones
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Saint of Steel
To be fair that was still an awesome party. Rowarth was amazingly destructive, Tom called Alex a f*cking fat sh*t and so on.

Indeed, still not a pissing rave though.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Broken_Drum
But New Young Pony Club have a synth player and they're soooooooooooooo rave.

As good as they are to me, they're not rave at all.

Deary me.

We can't change the little indie kid's opinions though.... shame really, they look quite dumb.
They also wear 'rave' clothing that is pretty stupid.
'OH HAI, PLAIN COLOURED T-SHIRT WITH A SLOGAN IN NEON IS MUH RAVE CLOTHINGZ'

I hate them I really do
Quote by SteveHouse

LOL.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by Ed Hunter
Indeed, still not a pissing rave though.

Pissing raves sound interesting, if somewhat unhygenic...
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
Quote by rabidguitarist

LOL.

*facepalm*

Make it go away ):
Quote by SteveHouse
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm feeling so reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa-heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaal. /Moby.

Those were the days. A shame I was still a toddler back then.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Broken_Drum
I heard that if they come into contact with water they melt.

(:

I'll get muh water pistols yaaaaay.
Neon water pistols... >___>

I think they might enjoy it...
That'd make me feel dirty ):
Quote by SteveHouse
What do you think of cyber-ravers?

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
(:

I'll get muh water pistols yaaaaay.
Neon water pistols... >___>

I think they might enjoy it...
That'd make me feel dirty ):

It would become another "wacky" activity for one of their "raves". I'm thinking more of along the lines of taking them captive and leaving them out in the rain.
I'd like to go to a rave sometime. Maybe take a bit of MDMA or something similar.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Yea, we actually have proper full-on raves round my place, a nd all the scene kids go to a "Rave" where they sit down and talk about Elliot Minor until 9pm, before they have to go home because it's getting late.

/rant

+28292828288282

glasgow is balls for that
Top lel.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Children of Bodom is RAVE LOL
Meh, perhaps the definition changed.

Neither sound all that appealing to me.

An all night live metal fest on the other hand: win.
Quote by cliff_em_all
we have and abandonded warheouse for the massive ones

Warehouse + techno/dubstep/jungle/house/hardcore= sexxxxxxxx
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Uh, that's the point.

The irony seems to be lost on a lot of people...

To be fair though, a lot of music-related terms are over-used. For example: "Oh dude, that was so metal!".

'It' wasn't constructed of any metallic elements or alloys. Neither was it a piece of music characterised by thick, heavily distorted guitars, punchy drums and fast guitar or bass solos.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Last edited by -February-Star- at Mar 15, 2008,
Quote by rabidguitarist
What do you think of cyber-ravers?

well personally i hate them because they they took over the goth club here and filled it with their ****ty EBM and Futurepop.

As for thes "Indie Raves" never experienced ones, but that sounds lame as hell, I'm a big fan of real raves though, not so much for the music as for the drugs and sex.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
well personally i hate them because they they took over the goth club here and filled it with their ****ty EBM and Futurepop.

As for thes "Indie Raves" never experienced ones, but that sounds lame as hell, I'm a big fan of real raves though, not so much for the music as for the drugs and sex.

Oh man! EBM is the best genre out there!

*shakes head*
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by -February-Star-
Uh, that's the point.

The irony seems to be lost on a lot of people...

No, the point is that it's supposed to be the second wave of rave, like nu-metal was supposed to be the second wave of metal. It's supposed to draw influence from and add to rave.
Last edited by Broken_Drum at Mar 15, 2008,
Quote by Tom_hatton
Some truth in that. I just like music that combines everything good, like this-

www.myspace.com/youandwhatarmyuk

NOT advertising.

Are you serious? That is nu-rave!
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Exactly. I suppose by their standards that Children of Bodom are nu-rave Although they will not have heard of them because all these little fcukers listen to is mainstream sh!t. Oh and TS, heroes FTW
Quote by rabidguitarist
Oh man! EBM is the best genre out there!

*shakes head*

no it isn't especially when you go to a club to dance to deathrock and REAL industrial music and you get that instead.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by rabidguitarist
Are you serious? That is nu-rave!

Nah, I disagree. It has elements of everything, mostly classic Rave and rock. I don't think its fair to call it nu-rave.

I like it, but it should be heavier. An Aphex Twin-esque spin on it would work great.
Quote by Broken_Drum
No, the point is that it's supposed to be the second wave of rave, like nu-metal was supposed to be the second wave of metal. It's draw influence from and add to rave.

No, the point is that it was supposed to be an irony, coined by music producers and journalists at the time of the development of a new type of modern rock, featuring bands like Klaxons, LCD Soundsystem etc. It was a spoof and mickey-take of the trend of 'nu-' genres. The popularity of the term was spread primarily by Klaxons, who despite completely disagreeing with the term they had invented, decided to market themselves as it for irony's sake. In an interview they said "I guess our success is down to our inventing a genre then having nothing to do with it." or something to that end.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Page 1 of 3