Page 1 of 2
The question's there. So it's due to arrive this Tuesday and I'm really anxious about how it'll sound with my Boss GT-8. I know the amp's already got a whole lot of effects inside that sound great but will it also perform and sound great with my GT-8?

Thanks in advance
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
why did you buy a spider II?

btw, i don't think your gt-8 will sound good in it
oh dear, why not?
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo

^^
Not a good place to talk about Line6... lol
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Not really no - you'd have been better off getting something like a Peavey Bandit...currently the GT-8's little more than an oversized doorstop.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Friendly Stoat
Not a good place to talk about Line6... lol

Wrong. Have you ever tried a Flextone or Vetta? Also they make some pretty good pedals (DL-4). But yeah the Spider series is kinda meh.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
do you guys think the amp will by vulnerable to like clipping and stuff? the bass on my gt-8 can be overwhelming
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo

^^
Quote by soul_power
Wrong. Have you ever tried a Flextone or Vetta? Also they make some pretty good pedals (DL-4). But yeah the Spider series is kinda meh.

I've got nothing against them dude, they just don't seem very popular here.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Its generally a bad idea to pump a multi-fx unit through a modelling amp. It won't sound good.
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
I think it would sound ok not the best but okay.

But you should of tried it out first before buying/ordering it out man/dude/duddett.
it will be alright. nothing amazing. i have a spider II that i bought a while ago. its actually not bad for running pedals through if you set it up right on the clean channel. there are a lot of spider haters on ug... most have never played one. i wouldn't worry about it although you should have done a lot more research. its an alright practice amp but don't plan on using it for much else
Quote by soul_power

ya bvut were not talking about those amps
were talking about the spider
at least you didnt get the 150w halfstack or whatever
hmm I initially had plans to get the Marshall MG15DFX but my budget sorta wouldn't allow it. Do you guys think I'll be satisfied with the sound anyway?
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo

^^
Digital+digital....what could go wrong....?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by guitartilldeath
hmm I initially had plans to get the Marshall MG15DFX but my budget sorta wouldn't allow it. Do you guys think I'll be satisfied with the sound anyway?

It depends on how long you've played for and what amps you've used before basically. What I mean is that the sound of the spiders is fine to me (*flame shield*) but that's because I haven't used any particularly amazing amps and I've only been playing 1 1/2 years.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Quote by guitartilldeath

dude, why do u like crap amps? get a peavey, or crate or whatever, but kill/sell the spider, and do not think about an mg.
Hmm well I've been a pretty solid/devoted player for around 4 years. I've tried many amps before and I do believe that the Line 6 is a pretty decent amp, having tried it many times before. So as long as I achieve a great clean tone outta the Line 6, the GT-8 will hopefully sound great?
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo

^^
Providing you can do that, it should sound fairly decent.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
well if u only want the clean on the line 6, why did u get it, and didnt spend on an it? u could have just have an non-modeling amp...

PS: same situation, just wanted a good clean, without distortion on high volumes. not gigging. so i got a peavey backstage for cents. pretty happy.
Cancel the order if you can.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Effects need to be placed on an effect loop, line-6 does not have an effect loop.

Effects need to be placed after the preamp effects/distortion, and before the poweramp, that is why amps have effects loop connections.

if you apply pedal effects and then amp effects and distortion the sound will degrade specially at high volume on tube amps, and on al volumes on SS.

you might be able to get a way with it while on clean channel.

I tube amps, if the powerstage has distortion in it, you can't have effects loops like the original JCM-800, on these, you use a line-out then coonect your pedals there and bridge the signal through another amp that is only used for power stage amplification.
Wow, I can't believe you said you were thinking of a MG as alternative on UG.com... As for the thread, I think pumping your BOSS into that Spider wouldn't be too bad unless you are playing for tone Nazis.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by SQHero
Wow, I can't believe you said you were thinking of a MG as alternative on UG.com... As for the thread, I think pumping your BOSS into that Spider wouldn't be too bad unless you are playing for tone Nazis.

True, from what I've noticed usually most people at a show wont know the difference in sound between a Spider and say a JCM800.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
A muiltieffects processor plugged into an amp with built in multieffects will be a little bit redundant, and usefull for little more than practice.
go to my profile and give "roots of life- your essence" a listen. It was recorded with ym digitech rp80 through my spider III. It's digital, But you might like it. And the gt-8 is way better than the digitech rp80, so I would expect a slightly better tone.

Although the spider doesn't seem to like pedals and the distortion makes me want to kill meself.
a nice set of high quality headphones will go better with your GT-8 than a spider.

I pretty much Just use headphones with my Pod for my late night practices.. and you get the benefit of a thick stereo sound if you use a fast ping pong delay.

if you need to have an amp with your GT-8. find anything with a tube power section. and use the FX return as your input. (also how i use my PodXT for jams..)
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Or sell your GT-8, return the mediocre amp, and get yourself a good amp something thats preferably not a solid state amp. Either way the GT-8 is going to make it sound too digital on its own but hey some people like that I suppose...
Custom Strat
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Electro Harmonix #1 Echo
Fender Blues Jr.
Crate V18

“America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, bad-ass speed.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Quote by random_idiot144
Or sell your GT-8, return the mediocre amp, and get yourself a good amp something thats preferably not a solid state amp. Either way the GT-8 is going to make it sound too digital on its own but hey some people like that I suppose...

This also works.
The spider take the gt-8 decently.

Spider is a good pratice amp IMO
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
So you bought a modelling amp with a ton of built in effects and a multi pedal with a ton of effects. Sounds a bit redundant. One or the other would have worked just as good and probably cheaper.
silly troll is silly
Gear:
Fender Mexican Standard Strat(Sunburst, Rosewood, Custom Shop '69 pickups)
Fender Super Champ XD
EHX Big Muff Pi
Yamaha Acoustic
Alvarez Silver Anniversary Acoustic
Quote by clit eastwood
^^ it won't be that bad...not everyone on ug is a touring professional you know...

yes but that doesnt you have to sound ****, and a 15w palomino is not the coice of the proffesional, its jus ta smarter choice
anyone who is saying that the effects will sound bad through the spider has probably never tried one. the tone will be just as good as any other ss amp in the price range. provided you run your effects throught the clean channel with zero gain and all your eq's at 5 you should be fine and it wont sound bad at all for a solid state.
Quote by soul_power

Except the really small ones. Those are all right if you need a bunch of FX and crap on the go. But the bigger ones just suck.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Page 1 of 2