Ive been messin around with my compressor and EQ to get a nice clear tone for harmonics but so far no luck. I was hoping someone on UG knows what I should set my compressor to to get harmonics and fretted notes to sound clear together. My compressor has a expander/gate with a threshold and ratio dial and my compressor has threshold, ratio, attack, release and output gain dials. Any feedback would be a appreciated.
Well, the general consensus is that compression is very good for harmonics is that it not only brings down loud sounds but brings up quiet sounds. I wouldn't compress it too much but experiment with higher levels of compression that you normally like. For EQ I like some lo-mids, generous hi-mids, slightly cut highs, and a nice dose of lows. If your bass is active and has a passive/active switch try putting it in passive. For whatever reason it makes harmonics ring out much truer.
I just matched my settings to your description the best I could and I must say Im impressed. I still need to tweek a bit but it sounds alot better than I had it before. I also get a nice slap tone from it too which sounds perfect for "The Awakening".
Well, Bales got everything I was going to say. All I can say now is to perfect it with small adjustments. Keep these settings now as 'neutral' and to adjust it slightly to add or cut things that are either lacking or too present.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gravytrain34
Ive been messin around with my compressor and EQ to get a nice clear tone for harmonics but so far no luck. I was hoping someone on UG knows what I should set my compressor to to get harmonics and fretted notes to sound clear together. My compressor has a expander/gate with a threshold and ratio dial and my compressor has threshold, ratio, attack, release and output gain dials. Any feedback would be a appreciated.

Every harmonic has a different fundamental tone and a different harmonic series. 1KHz is a great boost for a lot of harmonics though.