Not recording admitidly, but the studio central forums take ages and I don't have a lot of time. Was hoping some of you guys could help me out.

Basically, what kinda speakers should I get for stage monitors, active/passive etc. Also. how would you connect them to the mixer. I was thinking through the AUX sends? That right?

Thanks for any help.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Last edited by jambi_mantra at Mar 16, 2008,
I'd like to know this too, so courtesy bump
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Active speakers in general are better as all the components are built to work together as 1 unit. You can connect them through AUX Sends, channel outs, main outs, whatever you need monitored. If you need the whole mix monitored then the Main outs or aux sends are good places to run out.
Alright, awesome. Cheers man. Is there like a recomended wattage for monitors coz there's a lot of variation between models and makes?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Not massive. Medium sized I guess. Stages are no bigger than 10x10 metres.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I meant like audience size.

Either way, something medium powered should be alright, 300-500W RMS total per monitor.
Oh right, sorry. Max would be about 600 people but that's unlikely. Usually like 300.

Thanks for the help though, you've probably saved me some money from buying ones that aren't powerful enough.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Well...a perk some PA speakers have is that they can be linked (bridged) together, so all you'll need is one aux send (with a mono of the main mix). Of course, you can be more sophisicated later on, so that each speaker has a specific mix for each person in the band.

Behringer's B212A, or Tapco's Thump could do very well as monitors, and are quite affordable. They also are quite potent (400w). A nice part about buying high wattage speakers is that you can turn them low and they'll sound very good...don't worry about going high.