Poll: Which is the best hard rock bassline?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is the best hard rock bassline?
chrisatgrace
8 20%
skater dan0
32 80%
Voters: 40.
More Bass Wars round 1: this time it's hard rock.

Remember we're judging original basslines. Vote for your favourite on the basis of how it fulfils the brief as a rock bassline and the quality of the writing and playing. Recording quality is NOT to be taken into account.

Entrants are:

chrisatgrace
skater dan0

Poll will close in a week so get listening and voting!
i vote for skater_dan because the other one isnt really hardrock and dan's is it rocked
not to say i didnt like the other one.....if it wasnt a genre i would have voted for the other

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Dan, pretty cool. The line actually went somewhere which is nice. The clack was irritating, but what're you gonna do? I could really hear this in a hard rock song easily. Great job.

Chrisatgrace's was an excellent SONG. However, I'll say the stock American Idol line: It's great, but not right for this competition. The song was excellent and the groove was good, but if the parameters of voting are "the basis of how it fulfils the brief as a rock bassline and the quality of the writing and playing" then it's only okay. The bassline wasn't really all that exciting and the genre was off. To me it sounded more countryish than hard rock. If this was a song writing competition I would give you the vote, hands down.

However, as it's a bass songwriting competition I'm gonna have to give it up to Dan.
Dan's fits the genre way way better but Grace's bass work was pretty neat.

Well done both of you guys but Dan gets the cookie this time!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
yeah, haha i've lost this one...i'm no good at hard rock, seeing as how i don't listen to it/.
Too cool for a signature.
Okay. I'm voting for Dan, although Chrisatgrace, I like yours more as a song. It has a John Butler esque feel about it which I liked.

However, Dan's is the most rocky, so there we have it. Sorry mate .
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
Okay. I'm voting for Dan, although Chrisatgrace, I like yours more as a song. It has a John Butler esque feel about it which I liked.

However, Dan's is the most rocky, so there we have it. Sorry mate .

that's ok. i'm not really a hard rock type, especially on short notice, so i don't really feel as if this is any judgment on my musicianship thanks for the kind words.
i agree with what is being said about your piece chris, it is a fantastic piece of music, better than anything i've ever written. but the genre put me at an advantage because i'm in a hard rock band so i'm used to writing hard rock basslines. In all fairness you should win this round because your piece is just plain better than mine theres no 2 ways about it.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
chrisatgrace, thats a fine piece of work. but obviously not Hard Rock. Dan your piece was good, but in this competition, your gonna need some drums or guitar tracks to really shine. good work by both players. i vote Dan. it's not better, but it is closer to
the genre being judged.
both good but i vote for skater dan because it fits a hard rock song. chrisatgrace's might fit what could be a hard rock album but not the song itself.

did the contestants get to choose which genre they were placed in, or was the random placing part of the challenge?
Quote by skater dan0
i agree with what is being said about your piece chris, it is a fantastic piece of music, better than anything i've ever written. but the genre put me at an advantage because i'm in a hard rock band so i'm used to writing hard rock basslines. In all fairness you should win this round because your piece is just plain better than mine theres no 2 ways about it.

aww, thanks man...but really, you've got this one because you're a better hard rock bass player than I am...cheers
Gotta go with the common view here, Chris' line is awesome, but it just isn't hard rock sadly
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Really good tone Dan. The song was very good.

Chris song was cool too, I like the guitar, but it isnt hard rock so I vote for Dan
Gear:

Guitars:
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson
Schecter C-1 Custom FR
Schecter C-1 Plus
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
Fender acoustic

Bass: Harley Benton HBB400TBK

Amp: Peavy valveking 112
Line6 POD HD500
Chris - It was an alright song, but for the 10000th time, it was definitely not hard rock. I wouldn't even consider it rock. I know recording quality isn't supposed to be judged, but the guitar really dominated the song.

I could see this song going ahead at some folk gig or something, but it's not my cup of tea. Sorry.

Dan - Definitely more of a rock bassline. Nothing too flashy, but solid.

I'll have to vote for Dan, since Chris' was not even rock.

Also, wasn't sven_cliffy supposed to be in this?
sven_cliffy pulled out because he couldn't record
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I had to go Dan on this one because of the genre. But both were great bass songs.

Yeah, my computer was lagging with the recording so i couldn't record in time. I also didn't want to hold everyone else up on fixing it.
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?