Page 1 of 2
I have a PS2, should I get a PS3? I don't know much about them.
#107 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" Club. PM Whstripesrox to join.
I'm waiting to see whether the ps3 or 360 best matches my gaming preferences.

Not long ago I was leaning towards 360, but the ps3 is catching up in leaps and bounds.
Get a 360. There isnt really anything better about the PS3. There arent any exclusive games that are going to be for it.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Whatever but if I was to rate the austinaracadium he gets a 10.

My Gear

Stagg S350-MRD
Epiphone LP-100
Yamaha F325
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Rage158 (for sale)
Crate Palomino V8
DigiTech RP250(for sale)
MXR M-86
Xbox 360 all the way. The 360 has: Halo 3, Bioshock, The Orange Box, Gears of War, etc. What does the PS3 have? Drake's Fortune, Resistance: Fall of Man, and that's about it.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Convince me to get a PS3

get a PS3.
go on.
do it.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
What about games in the future? 360 has been out longer hasn't it? Maybe PS3 has a better future...?
Gran Turismo 5.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Well, first off BluRay won the format wars just recently so the 40Gig PS3 is also one of the cheaper bluRay players right now. But really for gaming purposes its all about what games you like, if your a Metal Gear fan, a Gran Tourismo fan or an FF fan (all of those being the few remaining PS exclusives) than get the PS3. If you like Halo and Gears of War more get the Xbox.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
wireless internet

superior blu-ray play equiv. of one that costs £600+

some nice graphics

wireless controllers

quiet

burnout paradise, call of duty 4 etc etc

will destroy the 360 in the end due to sony domination and the massive general failings of microsoft - i.e already has a costly obselete hd player

when you can afford one, get one - even just for the blu ray!!!
Metal Gear Solid 4.
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
Resistance: Fall of Man.

A GREAT PS3 game.

Metal Gear Solid 4.

The best console game of 2008.

Get a PS3. It's better in everyway.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Is Metal Gear Solid 4 out?
u could get a 360 if u want a 1:3 hardware failure ratio, or if u want a system that will be obsolete much much quicker than the ps3, then ull be buying a ps3 anyway...
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by e10sc

It will be in a month or so.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by e10sc

not yet, its out on 06/12/2008, got it marked on my calendar and everything.

Oh yes and i forgot the infemous 360 red light of death where the system tells you when its broken, but it really isn't because you can actually still get it to run and play games with the towel trick. So ****ing stupid.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Last edited by DZCunuck at Mar 15, 2008,
i know game has done a ps3 price drop to 299 £ 2 controllers and 2 games cos i put up the sign last shift.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
another point - i know around 10 people with ps3's - none have broken

i know around 15 people with 360's - 11 have broken in some way including the famous orange red light crap it gives.
Quote by e10sc

Not yet, should be out June 12th all around the world. No more NTSC/PAL/JAP versions (on most games)

And I own one. It's good. Just waiting for GTA IV, FF XIII, MGS4 and Rock Band (european version). Buy it. No red ring of death
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Last edited by Chips- at Mar 15, 2008,
Quote by davedoom
wireless internet

superior blu-ray play equiv. of one that costs £600+

some nice graphics

wireless controllers

quiet

burnout paradise, call of duty 4 etc etc

will destroy the 360 in the end due to sony domination and the massive general failings of microsoft - i.e already has a costly obselete hd player

when you can afford one, get one - even just for the blu ray!!!

lol

Were you one of those people that spent $3000 on a DVD player? Give it a couple years and you'll be able to get a Blu-Ray player for $20, just like the DVD players. Hell, I remember seeing DVD players being given away with purchases of packs of water.

Half the things you listed are for the 360 too...
Hmm lets see:
PS3:
- MGS4
- Resistance
- Warhawk
- Resistance 2 (60 player online)
- Socom Confrontation
- GT 4
- God of War 3
- littlebigplanet
- Final Fantasy
- Killzone 2
- Uncharted

Xbox 360:
- Halo 3
- Gears of War (on PC as well)
- Gears of War 2 (probably will be released on PC)
- Mass Effect

All exclusives already out or coming out in 2008/2009. Take your pick.
Quote by Archaon
lol

haha, almost - but yeah its a very good blu-ray player

more importantly, its built in and WILL survive the format war - arguably varying quality in each format....

give it 3yrs and 360 will love the dust
I heard you can play PS3 online for free. Is that true? Is it good to go online and play straight out of the box? Is the 40gb version missing anything important?
Quote by Archaon
lol

But it's the half the 360 doesn't have that makes the ps3 a bit more attractive.

360 leads with games right now because it has been out far longer, it's really just a matter of time before the ps3 catches up in that stake, and the price of the ps3 is dropping all the time.

Fishyesque is quite good at persuading of the Ps3's potential.
People need to stop calling HGS 4 the greatest game of 2008. It's not even out yet, you have no clue how it will be. The 360 has a 3 year warranty, so it's not too big of an issue if it red-rings. Xbox-live is by far the better online service. Plus, it has a cheaper price.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by e10sc
I heard you can play PS3 online for free. Is that true? Is it good to go online and play straight out of the box? Is the 40gb version missing anything important?

Backwards compatibility. The 360 plays Xbox games.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Get a 360. All the good games available for PS3 are available on 360, with the exception of a very small amount, and the 360 has many more exclusives.

Plus, it's a lot cheaper.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by e10sc

Yeah it's free. 40gb version doesn't support PS2 games, otherwise it's pretty much the same as the rest.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by Archaon
lol

Were you one of those people that spent $3000 on a DVD player? Give it a couple years and you'll be able to get a Blu-Ray player for $20, just like the DVD players. Hell, I remember seeing DVD players being given away with purchases of packs of water.

Yes, but $100 for a wifi adapter? Honestly.

Also, being able to swap out whatever 2.5" hard drive you want in 5 minutes is a plus.

Everything hardware wise is superior. I'm sorry, it's just true. I've said it a billion times, the 360 is superior in it's online aspect and the amount of games. That's it.

As for me, the PS3 has everything. I have linux on my PS3. I use Blu-ray. I use remote play, and watch The Office when I'm away from home on my PSP via PS3. It does everything, and has the single greatest MLB franchise in MLB The Show. Uncharted is amazing. It has plenty of games out to keep me busy until the system sellers come out. Home is just about here, and when it comes out, the 360 will no longer have their online aspect as an advantage.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by Fishyesque
Yes, but $100 for a wifi adapter? Honestly.

Also, being able to swap out whatever 2.5" hard drive you want in 5 minutes is a plus.

Everything hardware wise is superior. I'm sorry, it's just true. I've said it a billion times, the 360 is superior in it's online aspect and the amount of games. That's it.

As for me, the PS3 has everything. I have linux on my PS3. I use Blu-ray. I use remote play, and watch The Office when I'm away from home on my PSP via PS3. It does everything, and has the single greatest MLB franchise in MLB The Show. Uncharted is amazing. It has plenty of games out to keep me busy until the system sellers come out. Home is just about here, and when it comes out, the 360 will no longer have their online aspect as an advantage.

Linux does sound tempting, but I like my 360. I use a wired connection, so it doesn't matter to me. Games are what counts on a console, and so far, the 360 has taken that category by storm.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Rambo-Conny

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Quote by Mike!
Get a 360 instead, you'll have much more fun with it.

+2000208098375098750982752098790847509872038974023987
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
Quote by SG Man Forever
Get a 360. All the good games available for PS3 are available on 360, with the exception of a very small amount, and the 360 has many more exclusives.

Plus, it's a lot cheaper.

Cheaper? Not when you take into account the extra junk you have to pay for.

Quote by nosushi4you
Backwards compatibility. The 360 plays Xbox games.

60gb FTW.

Quote by freedoms_stain

Fishyesque is quite good at persuading of the Ps3's potential.

I hope I'm not coming off as a fanboy, I just figure everyone seems to be misleading here. The facts are this. The 360 has more games, and a better online service. Home is almost here, and when it does, a couple things can happen. Either it'll be an insane hit, and all of a sudden the free online service is better than XBL, it'll be ok, and will be even with XBL, or it'll suck. You look it up, and you'll see it's likely to be one of the first too.

And with the games, the big thing for me is that almost every awesome 360 game comes out for the PC. The PS3 has PLENTY of awesome games for me.

Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
What does Linux mean for me? And do you have to buy the WiFi adaptor?
Page 1 of 2