So, like the title says, I'm going to be going to a music store sometime soon, probably if not today, then Monday.

When I get there, I'm probably going to be testing out amps, and I need advice on what I should and shouldn't look at...

If I do buy an amp, its got to work for Metal and it should be loud enough to be heard over drums at band practice and maybe work in a small gym...so I'm thinking 60 Watts should be okay for a SS amp.

My Main Specs (for what I'm looking for):
- A good distortion for Metal and Hard Rock (or be able to handle a Dist. pedal well)
- Should be $300 or under, preferably around $100-150
- I can hopefully get it used on eBay or something like that
- Preferably a Combo Amp

I don't need a specific model, just a series of a/or a brand...

I'm mainly looking for something that meets the specs, but I would like to know what I SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM AND WHAT I SHOULD TEST OUT

REMEMBER: This is for playing with my band and should be AS CHEAP AS POSSIBLE. I would like a combo, good for high gain, and can be heard over drums.
if I were you I would just ask the guy at the store how much each 60W amp is. bring your guitar and patch chord adn just try out all the amps until you find one you want
Quote by tryhonesty
if I were you I would just ask the guy at the store how much each 60W amp is. bring your guitar and patch chord adn just try out all the amps until you find one you want

Never though of that...

I'll definitely try that
whatever you do, DO NOT BUY A LINE 6 SPIDER! sure, they have lots of bells and whistles, but the people designing the amp were so busy putting effects into that they forgot to make it sound good.
Quote by The Leader
You know what they found in Jeffrey Dahmers freezer?
...Ben and Jerry (ba dum bum psh)

Quote by ninemonthmedia
if there was a metal jail, Metallica would be Pantera’s bitch

RIP Kurt Cobain
RIP Dimebag Darrell
Burn in hell Nathan Gale
[quote="'[A"]cetate']whatever you do, DO NOT BUY A LINE 6 SPIDER! sure, they have lots of bells and whistles, but the people designing the amp were so busy putting effects into that they forgot to make it sound good.
Ya I've read its best to stay away from the Line 6 Spider's and the Marshall MG's
Getting a good 60 Watt amp under 300 would probably be impossible unless you buy a used amp.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted