HE is probably the best guitarist out of all the world! hes to good!#
wow hes good i reckon he is he best so i rate him number 1

1.SLASH

what are your opinions!!
use the GnR thread.

this will be closed. they always are.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
you should to probarry be a rearn the engrish yah?
Quote by IwannaBeSadated

I would have any sort of sex with any sort of animal.

i like he's playing and he's a great guitar player,but he's not number 1 yet let some people die first then maybe.
He's good but defenatly not the best.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
1) rating guitarists is pointless and subjective
2) thats your opinion
3) listen to Grant Green
He's an awesome guitarist for a guy who plays all of his solos on only one scale. Overrated.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Quote by Infamou$17
He's an awesome guitarist for a guy who plays all of his solos on only one scale. Overrated.

and which scale would that be?

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
It is impossible to go a day with out a Slash post!!!! Hes good but not fav....
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
SLASH!!!! He's sooooo good!!!! You said it man, this whole forum should be cleaned out because none of the other guys are as good as him!!

Sorry to be sarcastic, but I worshipped Slash for quite a long time myself, and I still have to give credit where credit is due: the man plays OUTSTANDINGLY bluesy and soulful guitar solos, as long as they're in a hard rock song with somebody hugely un-bluesy (Axl Rose or Scott Weiland) running the show, just so that he is not judged by the real standard for 'bluesy'. Slash has tons of talent, but then lots of people have lots of talent, and if you catch them at the right time and put them in the spotlight, they will become 'great' in no time. My theory is that Slash has been catching breaks all his life: GNR got richer, faster, than probably any other band of the 80's, because the 80's rock at the time sucked so bad for comparison; then he did tons of heroin but wasn't the one to get kicked out of the band cause Steve Adler was even worse off...anyway Slash gets credit for not letting the fame turn him into a nutjob like Axl Rose, but other than that he seems like more than a little bit of a sellout (see him featured on many of the disgusting 'guitar hero' games), and like it or not he's grossly overrated.
It doesn't even have to be new, I'd take an old one, even from like 1959 or something...
Quote by soulflyV
Definitely*

From learning most of his GnR stuff from ear, most of, but not all, GnR songs use the G# scale, with bluesy licks and other kinds of stuff in there.

he likes to use the mixolydian mode apparently but I was waiting for him to come back and say 'zomg teh pentatonicz you tard' or something like that because people can't usually be bothered to learn something about the person they bash.

Quote by element4433
Quote by addvie
LETS TALK SLASH

HE is probably the best guitarist out of all the world! hes to good!#
wow hes good i reckon he is he best so i rate him number 1

1.SLASH

what are your opinions!!
I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I say your wrong mate It's Angus young and BB-king.
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
Slash is good at what he does yes, but he is by no means the best guitarist ever.
Quote by soulflyV
Definitely*

From learning most of his GnR stuff from ear, most of, but not all, GnR songs use the G# scale, with bluesy licks and other kinds of stuff in there.

Just like Led Zeppelin etc, a ton of the songs are written around the convenient open E and open A positions, which since GNR detuned by a half step actually means D# and G#...
It doesn't even have to be new, I'd take an old one, even from like 1959 or something...