Hi, so you guys say that when you turn up a tube amp it is supposed to sound better, but today i was playing my 5150 i usually have it at like.. eh 3/4-1 and today i turned it up to 2-2 1/2 because nobody wasa home, and it sounded REALLY bad, i was trying to dial in the EQ to make it sound a bit better, but it was hard, it got really trebley bad, what could this be from. could it be from the bad stock speakers? or old tubes? because it sounds fine at lower levels but as soon as i get higher it's all muddy and trebley
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
something is wrong with your speakers probably. bring it to a guitar specailist and let him take a look at it
where should i have it EQed for?
so it sounds good at high and low volumes?
and also the guy i bought it from says that the speakers do tend to get muddy at higher volumes, could that be higher volumes, because it is loud at 2.

and they are the stock Sheffield speakers which are known to be really bad
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
i know, but maybe i'm pushing the speakers too hard?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
because they are very very cheap speakers
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
i don't really know a whole lot a speakers they are just crappy 5150 combo speakers
all i know is they are Sheffield's
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
They're definitely rated correctly if they're stock. I'm sorry, I just realised that I didn't explain my diagram. What it basically means is that the louder you go, the more your ear hears treble and stops hearing bass.
so, maybe the louder i get, i should roll my tone knob
:O
maybe that's what what it's for...
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay