I've only briefly skimmed through this piece and it looks pretty tough (I'm a blues/rock/alt guy), and I have to learn this for my school talent show in about 3-4 weeks. I'm very capable of playing this, but I'd like some pointers and a shove in the right direction.

Help greatly appreciated!
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Learn hybrid picking, it's essential for the opening solo.

It's also a great technique with a lot of unused applications. One of my favs.
I've already done some work with hybrid and alt picking, so I'm safe there.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
learn it in chunks, and you'll gradually memorize it
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
word on the intro and outro the most, im just about finishing it up right now, and those were the hardest parts, the rest is pretty simple

OH
and make sure the main melody flows, DO NOT play it choppy, or it defeats the entire song
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Don't go strictly by TAB on this one, as no examples I've seen have the positions completely correct. Eric actually takes a lot of shortcuts with the fingerings that seems far easier and a lot more natural compared to the TABs I've seen.

Try to watch a video or two of him playing the tune live. That will help a lot.