ok, my high e string snapped again and its been 2 weeks since i put that e string in, and it always breaks every two weeks, always at the machine head, just too short to be reused (been happening about 2 months now). ive checked around the nut and i cant see anything that would cut it there, ive tried thicker strings and different brands of strings.

http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/mod_1/pages/mod_1.12/pages/mod_1.12.1/pages/mod_1.12.1.1/pages/index.php?sku=1.1.1.1.1-200-15655
thats the guitar...so i think its just coz its so cheap and is really bad quality. is there anything else i should check for or possible attempts at fixing it

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Same thing just happened to me two days ago. I was then putting a new E string in and it snapped while putting it in. I had a Blue Steel string.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
all i can see to help you out is to get a new guitar. or try tuneing your guitar down a 1/4 step or 1/2 step to relive some of that tention
tactical muffin, im saving up for a new one as we speak dw, and guitar freak1387, ive been playing in d standard to try that.

Quote by IbanezPsycho
Try rubbing pencil lead on the machine head...

2nd that or simply replace ur machine heads
Quote by Thomme
Fella's, arguing like this on the internet is like the special olympics.

My Gear
Ibanez RG2EX1
Ibanez GRX20Z
Boss - MT2
Boss- DS1
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah
Strings - Ernie Ball12's
Amp- Behringer V-Tone
Amp- Line6 Spider 3 75w
are you winding the string on enough? less revolutions means more stress at the machine head
zippax, i put it in about half an inch and wind until its at pitch, is that enough?

IbanezPsycho i will try that. thanks

After looking at the guitar (via link) I wouldn't recommend investing anymore money in it! If ithe string keeps snapping at the machine head it's possible you've got a sharp edge where the hole is for passing the string thru. Have a close look and if you need to, you can use wet sand paper to take any edge off. Also, as mentioned earlier, it may help to have more windings around the peg. As I bend a lot, I like at least 4-5 winds around my High E & B strings to help with slippage. The most stress on the string is where it leaves the peghead and runs free. If you have little wraps around the peg, the stress maybe traveling around the short length of string and catching of the aforementioned string hole.
Quote by KenG
After looking at the guitar (via link) I wouldn't recommend investing anymore money in it! If ithe string keeps snapping at the machine head it's possible you've got a sharp edge where the hole is for passing the string thru. Have a close look and if you need to, you can use wet sand paper to take any edge off. Also, as mentioned earlier, it may help to have more windings around the peg. As I bend a lot, I like at least 4-5 winds around my High E & B strings to help with slippage. The most stress on the string is where it leaves the peghead and runs free. If you have little wraps around the peg, the stress maybe traveling around the short length of string and catching of the aforementioned string hole.

seems like you're winding enough on, i think KenG has the right idea with a sharp edge on the shaft of the machine head, try sanding or filing it.