Page 1 of 2
hey pit

i am doing a project for english class, and i need to find a song that appears to be about one thing, but is actually about something totally different. in other words, the author intended to song to mean one thing, but people often assume something else. thanks in advance!
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
I think Glass Onion or I am the Walrus has a confused meaning, not sure which of the two it si though.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
If anyone says Stairway I'll ****ing e-kill them!
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Dave Matthews' "Crash Into Me" is about a peeping-tom looking through a girls window. Everyone thinks it is a love song.
I Kill Children or Kill the Poor by none other than The Dead Kennedys
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
do that tears dont fall by bullet is about him breaking up with his girlfriend and he isnt unhappy about it, its either about that or he doesnt get gravity
Quote by MikeyRo
Dave Matthews' "Crash Into Me" is about a peeping-tom looking through a girls window. Everyone thinks it is a love song.

yea ive heard that, but i go to a Christian school, so the song's meaning has to be something pretty tame, as in nothing sexual or violent
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
Prince Of Darkness by Megadeth

Kill The King by Rainbow
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
polly by nirvana sounds like its about a parrot but its about rape
prison sex or stinkfist by tool, pricson sex is about circles of abuse, but people think its about droping the soap, and stinkfist is complicated, but its not about fist f*cking
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
Isn't Every Breath You Take by The Police a song that was confused as to what it meant? Nobody realised it was about stalking? Or is it just an urban myth?
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
"Where Is My Mind" by the Pixies is confusing.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Born in the USA.... Its about how bad the Vietnam War was.. A lot people thought it was a song about how great the USA was.
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
a toute le monde-megadeth
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
I would say Relax by Franky goes to Hollywood. Its an old 80's song that people didnt take as literally as they should have. But since you go to a Christian school, i would say Supersonic by Family Force 5. If you actually think about the song lyrics, it is a Christian song.
Master of Puppets by Metallica. The meaning is always debated, I think it is about cocaine addiction.
Hotel California
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by Glimsom
Isn't Every Breath You Take by The Police a song that was confused as to what it meant? Nobody realised it was about stalking? Or is it just an urban myth?

no its true, its about his divorce or something, and ppl think its a love song and use it at weddings
good song tho
Oh yeah FreeBird most people think its about suicide but it was really about how he was free from his gf
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
Rainy Day Women by Bob Dylan-

Well, they'll stone ya when you're trying to be so good,
They'll stone ya just a-like they said they would.
They'll stone ya when you're tryin' to go home.
Then they'll stone ya when you're there all alone.

But I would not feel so all alone,
Everybody must get stoned!

It's like the trend was to write a song superficially about something, but secretly about drugs so as not to get into trouble, but Dylan flipped that around- he's said himself that it's about being alone rather than drugs.

JC: Imagine dancing to ‘Rainy Day Woman #12 & 35’. It’s kind
of alienating. Everyone thought it was about
being stoned, but I always thought it was about being all alone.
BD: So did I. You could write about that for years..."
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Last edited by Hobolad at Mar 15, 2008,
Tourettes - Nirvana
anyone care to find the meaning in that?
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Fade to black - Metallica.

Its actually about metallica having their gear nicked.

Sounds more like a suicide note.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
The Number Of The Beast - Iron Maiden. It's not praising Satan, it's about a guy who finds some Satanic people and it interested in it.
whats the meaning of panic at the disco's.... i write sins not tradigies.... my prespective is that a guys at his best friends wedding and see the bride ****ing another guy in the bathroom
I pick my nose....
Quote by 82airborne
whats the meaning of panic at the disco's.... i write sins not tradigies.... my prespective is that a guys at his best friends wedding and see the bride ****ing another guy in the bathroom

If you are serious with the question at the beginning of the post, kill yourself.
The Hokey Pokey is about atheism. "that's what it's all about", clearly they mean "that" is what it is all about as opposed to God. It is trying to kill God.
Bad Religion-American Jesus

People think its anti-christian and such. I cant remember the real meaning for it havent heard it in a while but ya.
That old Nursery ryme

Ring around the Rosey?

yeah thats about a bunch of old diseases, every one gives a strange look when they find out. if you need a real song though, then Number of the beast.
I think you could give Weak and Powerless by A Perfect Circle. I've heard people interpet as some sort of love song because of the chorus, "Desperate, and ravenous. So weak and powerless over you". but, if you consider the concept of the album 13th Step, it's really about drug addiction and that's he's speaking to; "you".
You can analyze a lot of supposive love songs where the person the lyricists is talking to in neccasarily a person. You could look at the album In Absentia by Porcupine Tree, too. It's has an almost cheerful, romantic vibe in some of the songs and vague lyrics but it's actually about a serial killer. Oh wait, that wouldn't be to useful in a catholic school. But yeah, take a look at Weak and Powerless.
Page 1 of 2