Yes.

It still doesn't mean it's good though. It's just a better quality piece of turd.

Just save up and get a better amp.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Those amps aren't bad for solid states, but you can do better. Much, much better.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Don't buy cheap Crates, Unless it's the powerblock/V5 tube or something.

And this is coming from someone who loves Crate High end amps.
Well I don't have money right now. If I traded, I could save up money and sell it when I get a good amp.

I don't mind my spider for playing rhythm, but when you play lead it sounds like ass.
Quote by Masonpwiley
Well I don't have money right now. If I traded, I could save up money and sell it when I get a good amp.

I don't mind my spider for playing rhythm, but when you play lead it sounds like ass.

Then get the Crate if you want harsh and overly trebly lead tones.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Well I have a tone right now that doesn't sound horrible, I just had to cut way back on treble. Is it worth my time to do this?
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Save, save, save, save. Thats all I can say.

Ok, I have decided to not waste my time. It's kinda hard to save money when you are a jobless 15 year old.
well....at least everyone didnt start yelling ''buy a used tube combo''!!!
take it down with a SteamHammer
why not just buy a used tube combo? save your money for one.

well, i said it.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
look at it as a very nice looking, polished turd
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
yea, the crate GTX's are pretty offensive sounding amps.. the cleans are kinda wierd.. really clunky honky sounding cleans and the distortion is pretty much sheer fizz.

i'm not a tube snob by any means.. but i found my Kustom KGA65 to be a much better sounding CHEAP solid state amp.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
if you use the clean channel, and a good distortion pedal for drive, I think its a better value than a cheap tube combo