making these stupid "reverse:" guitars and charging them at high (well regular prices for gibson) Prices.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Reverse-Explorer-Electric-Guitar-Antique-Walnut?sku=516473

for those of you that remember the abominable reverse V. Gibson as at it again, making a mockery of another of their brilliant designs. Stop it gibson. its not funny, its not cool looking, its ****ing ugly, and most of all, its not practical, the guitars were designed that way for a reason, reversing them limits upper fret acess and makes it harder to pick.

heres the reverse V
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Electric-Reverse-Flying-V-Limited-Edition?sku=516086

anyone esle agree with me here?
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
You could always play it left handed? oh and there is a thread on this guitar already, search thingy yo
yes, a company should stop making very limited runs that collectors will eat up because theyll be worth money down the road, because ppl think their ugly

its a company, making money is what they do
Not so much a reverse as just an upside version, as a reverse would have the part that's at the end meeting the neck.

I reckon it looks alright, looks quite 80's, although the headstock looks awful.
Funny words.
At least gibson is trying to do something new their guitars, unlike fender who just sits fat and happy on their strats.
I actually quite like the look of it, but it looks like the sticking out bit might get in the way.

I don't like the headstock much either.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
making these stupid "reverse:" guitars and charging them at high (well regular prices for gibson) Prices.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Reverse-Explorer-Electric-Guitar-Antique-Walnut?sku=516473

for those of you that remember the abominable reverse V. Gibson as at it again, making a mockery of another of their brilliant designs. Stop it gibson. its not funny, its not cool looking, its ****ing ugly, and most of all, its not practical, the guitars were designed that way for a reason, reversing them limits upper fret acess and makes it harder to pick.

heres the reverse V
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Electric-Reverse-Flying-V-Limited-Edition?sku=516086

anyone esle agree with me here?
agreed.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
That is the ugliest guitar I've ever seen.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by Captain Scarlet
you think they're bad look at Fender's reverse Strat possibly the ugliest guitar on the planet:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa262/alexoest/Reversefenderstratocaster.png

That's not a real guitar, you know.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang

actually it is.... i saw it at the edmunton mall in canada
The reverse Explorer would of been cool if not for the gay ass headstock, but that's just me.
if they're going to reverse it, they should have made a lefty run, i would have bought one in a second.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Dude...who cares if it's ugly, or unpracticle. If you dont like it, then dont buy it, and dont waist space on here with a pointless thread.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
I agree, I think they have run out of ideas, and this is their solution. The headstock on the reverse Explorer looks so gay.
i think the fretboard looks ugly as sin too. but i would definatly get a bolt on version and slap a warmoth neck on it
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Basicly what gibson is doing is helping the people that buy them become extremely rich (obviously not there actual reasoning...but it will still happen), seeing as how these guitars are limited edition, once they're all sold out, the price on the guitars will actualy go up, and as the years go by, the price continues on up, so if you buy one now, you could sell it for much much more than you payed for, a pretty solid investment actualy.
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
is it weird that i like the headstock?

I do 2 actualy, tho I'm not a fan of the guitar, I like the head stock.
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Quote by FireItUp714
is it weird that i like the headstock?

Yes

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

they are both uglier than even a BC Rich.
the explorer especially looks like that it would be extremely unbalanced. i think Gibson just makes these for collectors to stick in a display case or something, no one would actually play these things.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Can't say I ever thought the V or Explorer were that great anyway, reversed or not. If some people like it and want to buy it, fine... I wouldn't think they were any smarter if they bought a 'regular' one either.

Reverse SG. Anyone seen them? Now those are a 'reverse' guitar that's ****ing sexy, even though they do have absolutely zero upper fret access.
Quote by CJRocker
The reverse Explorer would of been cool if not for the gay ass headstock, but that's just me.

yea the headstock really killed it for me. now that i think of it if they got rid of the "vinage look" put some hotter pickups and kept the old headstocl (or better reversed the headstoc) than it would be pretty cool.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
goddammit people let this thread die... this it like the fifth one like it in a week.
Quote by bokuho
Can't say I ever thought the V or Explorer were that great anyway, reversed or not. If some people like it and want to buy it, fine... I wouldn't think they were any smarter if they bought a 'regular' one either.

Reverse SG. Anyone seen them? Now those are a 'reverse' guitar that's ****ing sexy, even though they do have absolutely zero upper fret access.

never seen it, and i searched. having no upper fret acess would pretty much kill the entire point and purpose of the gibson SG. oh yea i forgot about the reverse firebird, the one model that doesnt suck
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
Quote by bokuho
How would that work? It's symmetrical!

Unless you reversed it along the length of the guitar...
Quote by duncang

That particular pic looks shopped, but the real reverse strat came out even before the reverse V, i remember reading about it in guitar world.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"