hey guys,
i now have about $2500 to spend, on a guitar and an amp, how should i divide this up??
I think i should spend maybe 1500 on an amp, about 900 on a guitar, and 100 for a couple pedals?
what do you guys think?
i wanna be able to play songs from Can't Stop to Knights of Cydonia to Stairway to Heaven to Master of Puppets.
any idea for how to split up the money?
then i'll hit up the amp section and decide on an amp

thanks alot guys
My Gear:
Fender American 60's Strat
Peavey Valveking Stack
Boss ME-50
Homebrew Crystal Bawl Wah
I say Mesa boogie + Gibson/Ibanez/Fender + Boss gt8/line 6 xt live
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
fender CIJ jazzmaster for around 700-800 and some random amp for mybe 1400 and the rest on pedals
You can get a great used amp for around $1000-$1200, and a killer MIA guitar like a Jackson used too for that price.
Look for a few good guitars you like. Look for a few amps you like. Do the math.
If the ones you like the most are above your budget, decide which you would rather have, and take the second best, still under your budget.
Quote by Devilsguitarist
hey guys,
i now have about $2500 to spend, on a guitar and an amp, how should i divide this up??
I think i should spend maybe 1500 on an amp, about 900 on a guitar, and 100 for a couple pedals?
what do you guys think?
i wanna be able to play songs from Can't Stop to Knights of Cydonia to Stairway to Heaven to Master of Puppets.
any idea for how to split up the money?
then i'll hit up the amp section and decide on an amp

thanks alot guys

I was happy and satisfied with my meager standings in life, then I read this thread and remembered I am a poor, poor man.

On a happier note, good for you! Look into Ibanez and Soldano!
I say get a Line 6 spider III full stack, Fender Squier Strat, All the pedals Behringer makes and with the rest of the cash throw the biggest gear burning party known to man... The smile on your face and everyone elses would be well worth the money...

Sorry that was the first thing that popped in my head... lol

Now back to the opionions... I say take your money and hide it for a good month. With in that month hit up every guitar place you can find and test everything. See what you like and what you dont like and create a list. Take the list of stuff you like and research it to make sure it doesnt have durabilty issues and its ease of use. Then with this revised list see how much everything costs. Then go to the store and buy your dream rig... Key words YOUR DREAM RIG.... Only you know what your gonna like and not like...
Is $100 even enough for pedals.?

I'd say get a nice guitar for less than $1000. Try to get a good amp you like for less than however much you have left. And then spend the rest on pedals.

For a guitar, since your into RHCP to Metallica... I'd say like a Gibson Les Paul Studio from the '90s. Those are great and are under $1000, but kinda rare.

For an amp, I think this one you'll have to try on your own or get other people's opinions.

And effects, whatever you want. I personally only use Wah Pedals, and I have a multieffect for whatever I need.

Good luck, and that's a LOT of money!
I would get some sort of humbucker guitar for around $800, a nice amp for $1500-1800, and whatever remaining money on pedals.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Get a decent Tube amp. Probably gonna cost less than $1500, most likely. Check E-Bay for used ones. Look for a Mesa/Marshall amp. I wouldn't spend more than $1200. You don't need a half stack or anything like that, judging by your post.
As for guitar, I'd say get this Jackson . I've played one and it's amazingly versatile. I don't really like Ibanez's, but I have heard good things about their Prestige series of guitars. You should check those out as well.
As for effects, I have a Boss GT-8 and I highly recommend it. I think its like $450 or something around there. But you can just get a Boss Metal Zone and maybe some type of Electro-Harmonix reverb or chorus pedal. Both of Those would put you under $200. But try everything out first before you buy it, if you can. Plus get other opinions on things that you like.
Good luck.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
ok do this Save up go to australia save up more go to perth to ormsby and get a custom made

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

My 2 cents (hehe):
Ibanez J-Custom or
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier or
Ibanez RG2550E + ENGL Fireball (I think that's the model) + pedals (no suggestion)
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Orange Rockerverb 50 stack, looks to me like uve got a couple of sweet guitars anyway
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
Quote by Walternativo
I say Mesa boogie + Gibson/Ibanez/Fender + Boss gt8/line 6 xt live

Well I'd say Fender MIA Standard + Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue + Ibanez TS9overdrive

But thats just me
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
I myself would buy something off of ENGL, but for you???

Laney GH50L or a VC50 with an OD.

That's just the amp, the guitar can be done yourself.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Mesa Triple Recto, ESP LTD MH1000 Deluxe, then other pedals like wah, delay, flange, and phase 90
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
$2500???!?!?!

I wish I had half that lol

I would personally go with what IbanezPsycho said, don't spend that money right away, I know it's burning a hole in your pocket but just write a few amps/guitars down, then after you play them and study them EXTENSIVELY, cross the one's you don't really like or aren't as good as the others off. Then eventually you'll have your list.
you know we cant actually recommends anything to you unless you tell us what styles you into as well as artist + what kind of tone and what you want to be able to accomplish with you gear not just 3 songs you want to be able to play